Why do I get erections when I think about little kids? (Sexual content)

yesman

I thought I was safe from my fears that I was a pedophile. I decided to test myself out, by thinking about little kids in sexual poses. I tried masturbating to those thoughts. My reasoning was this: if I ejaculated or experienced an erection, I should assume that I AM a pedophile. If I didn't feel anything, and instead thought "that's just gross", then I am safe.

The result was terrifying. I DID think that what I was thinking was disgusting. However, I experienced an erection, and was close to ejaculating.

I read about groinal response here on the forum, but I don't think this is it. I also read that groinal response is more like a tingling feeling...what I experienced was a full-on erection.

Does this mean that I AM a pedophile? I don't want to be this way! I would seriously kill myself before harming a kid.

Last edited:
Are you seeing a professional about all of this? If not, then I think you should be, as you are exploring thought processes that would be best discussed with someone experienced in managing these types of issues :thumbup:

Steppen-Wolf

1) This doesn't actually mean you're a pedophile. You have a massive case of OCD and you're obsessing about this. You're also a teenager so let's be honest about it; there are very few things that wouldn't actually give an erection to the average teenager.

2) Even in the unlikely case that you're actualy a pedophile, well, being one doesn't make you a child abuser. Thinking about something has never hurt anyone.

Many people have fantasies about things that could be considered morally cuestionable. Many women at some point have fantasies about being raped, but do you think that they actually want to be raped?

Don't beat yourself so much, it's 99.9% sure that it's just your OCD. And even if it isn't you haven't hurt anyone and the fact that you seem so troubled makes me think that you would never do so.

In any case, the advice is always the same. Seek professional help, you're not a pedophile but you are sick.

yesman

I tried getting all the help I could get. My parents told me not to tell ANYONE I know personally about this, so this rules out a lot of options. I tried calling kids help phone, but they said they have to let me go because I was going to go into detailed sexual matters. No problem too big, my ***.

I honestly don't know where to get help. My parents tell me that getting a psychiatrist will take way too long.

this_portrait

I honestly don't know where to get help. My parents tell me that getting a psychiatrist will take way too long.

Sometimes it can take months to see one, but then it's better than waiting even longer to set up an appointment. However, you might be surprised at how soon some psychiatrists will get you in their offices. I'd suggest calling a few and go with one that can get you an appointment the soonest.

w*n*c*a*m

i dont know... some people have sick and weird fantasies. Some people get aroused imagining of raping someone but it doesnt make them rapist. i think as long as you don't harm kids, you're not a pedophile

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
I have to agree with everyone else, that seeing a therapist is the best thing you can do right now, no matter how long it takes. I hope your parents telling you not to tell anyone is with your best interest in mind and not their reputation, because it is nothing to be ashamed of, just many people may not understand and are not worth dealing with.

To give my two cents though, I'll start with your initial hypothesis. That if you ejaculate, then you are a pedophile. Ejaculation is a physical sensation, resulting most directly from physical stimuli. There is obviously a mental component, but for many males, especially younger ones who have their hormones flowing, could ejaculate thinking about things they are not attracted to in the slightest. So, ejaculating while thinking about children=pedophile is an inaccurate claim I would say.

You can't control your thoughts, but you can control your actions. Whatever fantasies you have, or whatever you find yourself attracted to are not hurting anybody. Trying to find a way to live a functional life while having these feelings and not hurting anybody should be your goal, and very doable one. A therapist can definitely help, see one when you can.

mismeek

I have had a similar problem. I was molested as a child so I was afraid that I too would molest children.. I obsessed that If I was around children that was would be sexually attracted to them. When I told me therapist this she said that because I am disgusted by the thought of harming a child in this way that that was a good sign that I wasn't a pedo or was going to become one. You are having a severe OCD moment with this and SHOULD seek some help with it. I would ADVISE against repeating your experiement again but you could create an ocd ritual with this and very well become a sexually attracted to children.

mismeek

Sometimes it can take months to see one, but then it's better than waiting even longer to set up an appointment. However, you might be surprised at how soon some psychiatrists will get you in their offices. I'd suggest calling a few and go with one that can get you an appointment the soonest.

also if you explain the nature of your problem they can also make emergency appts.

I also found this for you.. it may help. http://selfhelpmagazine.com/forum/index.php?topic=44720.0

Last edited:

AGR

How old are you?
if you are young you could get erections while watching the rain fall,much less trying and thinking about getting one.