Why did you get SA

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
I've always felt out-of-sync with my surroundings, like I should have been born as someone else and sometime else, or maybe not even a person at all.

I just think there was a bad mixup before all this got started, or someone played a joke. Like somewhere there's a jungle cat that feels out of place and just wants to get married and have a 9-5 job.

A mix of my parents beating the crap out of me and my entire group of girlfriends ditching me right before highschool because I was too "weird"

combat

That is really sad I think. I hope you one day will be able to trust one:)

A therapist gets paid to judge, that's pretty much the definition of what they do. And I don't want to feel like I'm being judged and analyzed the entire time, I've had enough of those feelings in my life.

Wall of Denial

Because God hates me.

Oh my god no, not really. Because I guess there isn't a reason? I would say partially genetics or something, but I don't know what else. I think I've always had it, and it wasn't something that happened because of triggers, or things that set me off. I used to be worse when I was really young and have to whisper to people if they absolutely had to know something, lol.

ou2saved2

I think a lot depends on your temperment I was quite shy so I was prone to develop S.A.
but other things fall into play because they say if your brain does not produce nurotransmitters correctly it will surpress the brain enough to cause depression which they say is where all mental illnessess form from this is why it is so important to be on a major anti depressant for a time

Because all of a sudden growing up i was supposed to join in parties and places that i was afraid of. If something is shady or dangerous, i'm not going to feel confident about it. I'll just avoid.

Its like, if you are unsure about whether fighting is dangerous or not. And all you see is the end result (someone beaten up and in pain), then the general idea is that its uncomfortable. I actually like watching fights on tv, and i can see how the glamour, reputation, skill and hard work is put into it.

I just cant see many nice and comfortable things about nighclubs. :eek:

SociallyAwkwardAndShy

I think it stems from genes, family other things.
My mother told me how my grandmother always kept her in the house( not like child abuse kept in the house but overprotective worried) So that when she finally got around people she didn't know how to act in a social situation. Which she passed onto me because I remember in Kindergarten some kids were loud and rowdy and my mother was like don't act like those kids. So I stayed quiet ever since. My Dad didn't help he was never like "Don't drink or Smoke or Do drugs. It was don't have sex don't have sex with guys. Which made me close up even more.
I have never been a loud outgoing person. I always kept to myself. I remember being teased in school for being so quiet and shy. I remember teachers yelling at me to SPEAK UP no one can hear you. and to stop being so mousy. ::(:

mads

@ DeadHead

So sorry to hear that. That sounds really really horrible. Your parrents got to prison?

@ combat

I certainly hope they get paid to help you, else they should not have that kind of job.

@ SociallyAwkwardAndShy

Certainly not very professional teachers.

@ all

Thank you very much for your answers so far. How do you feel about discussing these things?. Because as you know, there is no key to either why you get it (maybe for some there is reasons but in general no) and there is also no excact key to get rid of it.

chickenmaryjane

panic attacks! first attack at 10. I was very aware that people observed my symptoms you know shaky hands, rapid breathing and so forth.

I can't remember alot about my childhood, but I do remember both of my parents always telling us how much better the neighborhood kids or our cousins were than us.
I remember the babysitter would run after us with a cactus plant, we told our mother she didn't care.
Highschool years were humiliating, we moved to a wealthy part of town, never fit in with those kids, our clothes were not fashionable, never felt a part of the "in" crowd if you will.
Many other things that I try not to remember.

mads

I can't remember alot about my childhood, but I do remember both of my parents always telling us how much better the neighborhood kids or our cousins were than us.
I remember the babysitter would run after us with a cactus plant, we told our mother she didn't care.
Highschool years were humiliating, we moved to a wealthy part of town, never fit in with those kids, our clothes were not fashionable, never felt a part of the "in" crowd if you will.
Many other things that I try not to remember.

That about telling about how much better others are I remember. My grand mother did the same thing to me, not very nice of course.