who would you like to be?

wannabe

and why?

if you could become anyone, who would you be? could be friend,friend of a friend, family member, a celebrity, anyone. or would you change?
(i can't think of anyone in particular with myself (despite my username). just curious about your opinions)

(edit-ok, maybe this was a stupid thread, i didn't really think it through)

Last edited:

StonedBob

Yeah, being a cat must be cool : eating, sleeping, eating, sleeping, sometime hunting... Well, it must be cool as long as you're not neutered :D.

Havocan

I'd just wish to change abilities, not personality. I'd love to have the ability to fly and wish that I was not so shy^^. Other than that I wouldn't change, not even into the richest person in the world {whoever that is nowadays}.

afraidofyou

I often think that I would like to be my friend who I've known since I was 6. The way I see it she just has it all: confidence, beauty, stable family, long time boyfriend, education, social skills, good job...

SickJoke

This notion of "being someone else" has always puzzled me. What part of "me" would get switched with the other person? Would it be a brain transplant? Then I'd have the other person's body, but my mind would be no different than it was before the switch, and I'd end up having the same problems I've always had.

Or would I somehow, selectively choose certain aspects of my personality and insert them into the other person's brain? Would I pick and choose certain memories and beliefs that I like, and put them into the other person's brain?

So what part of "me" would get to "be someone else"? Who am "I"? I am the result of my genes and all of my experiences. To somehow implant certain parts of my personality into someone else - that wouldn't be "me". That would be an entirely different person.

Last edited:

worrywort

I'd wanna be me, but maybe a slightly better version of me. If I had Thom Yorkes voice, and Einsteins intellect, and maybe johnny depps face that'd be pretty sweet.....infact while we're at it, lets throw in kelly brooks tits, bill gates money and jack whites guitar too....

...I'd never have to leave my room again!:rolleyes:

Spfreezes

Yeah, exactly I wanna be me too with no fear of anxiety, no depression or lack of confidence and that's all.

Celephaïs

If I were religious, a devout Buddhist.

As for the why it would basically be because of accepting things as they are.
There's something commendable about that trait at least for me personally.
Living in the now was something I used to experience while painting and it's really liberating.

SickJoke

I'd like to be someone who's alive at the time when humanity goes extinct. Now that would be exciting.

To see how it all ends!! For the human race at least :D