Who were your childhood heroes?

Toomuchfear

What person did you look up to, who made you happy? Any particular actor, character or musician?

The person that made me laugh, and who I could relate to was... Mr Bean. I'm sure you've all heard of him! Laugh all you want, but I find his life quite similar to my childhood. I spoke in funny noises, was very solitary and my social skills weren't great. I found his bizarre yet ingenious ideas quite similar to my own way of thinking. I think he desired to be accepted, particularly by competing and trying to impress people, but it somehow backfiring and him being alone again. I know he is just a fictional character, but sometimes he certainly seemed like he had SA, for example being too scared to tell a person that they had accidentally taken his credit card or that he wasn't actually a hairdresser.

Now that I've grown up, I have shed some of my Bean-like qualities. And no, I don't have a stuffed Teddy I talk to!

bigcat1967

Really - I have to admit that heavy metal got me through a lot (Def Leppard, Van Halen, AC/DC etc).

- - this is before I turned to God. :)

Bustn Justin

As weird as it sounds I am inspired by Britney Spears. Her struggles with being bipolar and getting treatment for it gave me hope that my SA and depression would get better.

KnuffleBunny

There were some people I did look up to. I've had mild dyslexia all my life and it made learning hard for me. My mom once told me Stephen J. Cannell, the writer of many tv shows and more specifically a childhood favourite, The Greatest American Hero, had dyslexia and struggled all his life. He had to record all his ideas onto tape because it was just so bad, and still he created so many stories. I was awed by the story and worked hard to overcome my dyslexia with reading and writing.

Tommy Steele's performance in 'The Happiest Millionaire' always made me feel cheerful and the character inspired great pride in my family's heritage; in return I partially named my son after him as every movie I saw with him brightened up my day.

A last one would be some boy when I was really little, maybe four or something. I can't remember much about him really, only that he was older than me and in looks I just remember his back, the blanks were filled in by my mother. Someone was picking on me to the point of getting physical. I was pushed down and when I looked up there was a boy standing in front of me, telling them to leave me alone. Without even remembering the incident, I took it upon myself years later to protect people getting bullied and never stood down from protecting someone. I'd like to thank whoever it was who instilled that protective sense of justice in me.

Ashonym

I don't mind if you laugh. SAILOR MOON.

I will always love her. I watched all the seasons repeatedly. SHE instilled the values within me that I carry today. Love, peace, harmony... that's all that matters, and love will win over hate.

Tiercel

A few in no particular order: Jerry Rice, Ken Griffey, Jr., Trent Reznor, and Marilyn Manson.

Fictional heroes: Luke Skywalker, Indiana Jones, Superman, and the AD&D paladin. Also, Marilyn Manson.

:D

Nanita

Childhood heroes...a little embarassing but here goes..
When I was like 9-12 years old ... Axl Rose... Just because I liked his music and outfits...
And later it was Kurt Cobain.... just because I liked his music and outfits.. and the Tired of everything attitude.