who here thinks they need to stop going to this forum & get a life already!

stop going to forum & get a life already!

• yes

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • no

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters

EscapeArtist

I feel like this 99% of the time im on here. No offense to the forum, it's a great forum. I'm just on it 24/7, and it's just an escape for me... Although, whatever in life is reality. Beginning to wonder whether escape might be the best that life can get.
I have never seen a forum as ACTIVE as a social anxiety forum. I'm not sure if that's a good thing.

Rodney

I got banned just over a year ago by request. It was nice to have a break but the real world can be so lonely and well yeah now I'm back. Maybe you should take a break and come back in a little while.

Feathers

yup, take a break and come back later - or in a few days or next week?

it can get addictive here.. though in a while the topics start repeating themselves and it may be good to do some RL living inbetween..!!

gotta go sleep cause I have to do some RL living in the morning lol!!

combat

I'm not sure that not coming here equates to getting a life. I disappeared for about 3-4 months. Still don't have much of a life. :rolleyes:

Kiwong

It depends on the forum, I think. The forums where people flame each other are a waste of time in my opinion. It also depends how much time you spend on forums. There has to be balance between real life and internet time.

I think forums that provide support like this can be a real help. You can also find some really helpful advice, and just a friendly ear, to help you get along in the real world.

I've visited some forums which have been a real blessing like:

Knee Guru, when I was looking for advice on knee injuries, I also visit forums like cool running and the masters runners world, I visited a Haemochromatosis forum after I found out I suffered from this condition.

Kato

If you think it is bad for you, it most likely is.

Right now in my life, I need the support the people here afford me. I also believe I have gleaned a lot of knowledge about what ills me. However, a day will come when my life changes gears and finds another whim.

Luke1993

I was a full on addict here, but now I do try to "limit" my hours on the internet. But I'll never leave fully, because of my loyalty to this place lol

Isn't that why we're here, though? To get support, to get help, to bettering our condition, so that we can get a life?

There's nothing wrong with having an escape. It's just important that you don't use it as a replacement drug for social interaction. I have many friends here, and enjoy being here. But I will never let it get in the way of things I need to do.

Self control is the key.