Which breed of dog?

hopelives

My heart jumped a beat when I saw all these responses.. all I can say is thank you.. and I'll post a pic of my dog as soon as I get him/her!

And obviously I'm not going to dump my dog for whatever reason because I don't have anybody else in my life anyway:( Hey Katie Bailey is cute:)

Kato

I will wait about five years and then I will get this breed of dog. They are highly devoted to their owners. Briard.

briards.jpg

mismeek

I work at a vet clinic and unless youre planning on taking it on walks often and putting in at least two to three hours of fast paced playtime.. I wouldn't suggest a lab. If not trained and exercised properly they can be very hyper and destructive dogs. You cant imagine how many come in with bowel obstructions from eating towels and blankets.

I would recommend a medium sized dog for a first time dog owner (25-50lbs). Since larger dogs can be harder to handle if you don't get them properly trained by the time they're full grown.

other questions to consider:
how active are you? Do you mind barking? what are you feelings about shedding? How long will you be away from home each day? And can you afford the first year of shots? (can be very expensive)

coyote

You and your f***ing hamster. haha.

The rabbit in my avatar would own your hamster. It's a 9th degree black belt in 5 different rodent martial arts.

It could also hack your bank account, and leave you penniless.

Aha! The joke's on you - I'm already penniless!!

Generical

Springer

3802340160_b31bf4fca3_z.jpg

I mainly just wanted to post his picture as tbh i wouldn't trust him with kids 90% cute 10% he wants to kill you, he just occasionally spooks out when you try to interact with him, often when he's tired....easy to calm him if you know him just guests/kids wont.

lani

Yeah, I would get a mutt... go to a shelter or something, keep looking until you find the perfect dog :)

Just be aware- people will want to talk when you're out walking the dog!

Flanscho

I personally would also pick a cat, simply because with a dog, I myself wouldn't know how to manage it with the time required. A cat you can let run around in the neighbourhood or something while you are at work, but a dog is not that easily pleased.

That being said, I like medium sized to large dogs. Like this:

Irish wolfhound and cat playing - YouTube

blue_eyes

I have Chihuahua's & i would highly recommend the breed. They are very loving dogs, all they want to do is sit on your lap. They are small so you wouldn't need to walk him/her everyday (their little legs would get tired). They definitely helped me overcome my depression :)

k3nmdg.gif

Last edited: