when was the last time

awkwardamanda

A few days ago. I had a nasty fight with my family. My mom had just called us all to dinner and then my brother came upstairs and was gonna take off somewhere. My mom asked where he was going and told him to come eat first. She got mad and b!tched that she was standing over the stove in a hot kitchen for an hour and a half and he didn't appreciate her cooking. He said he did but also told her, "I eat lunch at noon. I can't wait six hours. I snack." So he came in and was going to eat. But then as I was getting my food I burnt my hand on the side of the dish. I yelled and swore and went to go wash it off and my dad asked if I was ok. I'm like "no." Then he asked if I touched the hot dish. I got pissy and yelled "obviously, don't ask stupid questions." So we're all yelling at each other and my brother just took off and didn't eat. I was sitting down, about to eat, while my mom's yelling in the other room "I hate what's happened to this family!" My dad gave me this awful dirty look and I told him "don't say a word" and he did anyway. He was yelling at me to grow up and some other sh!t. I got so angry I threw my plate and smashed it on the floor. I've thrown things and slammed doors plenty of times, and even thrown plastic cups full of liquid, but that's the first time I've ever smashed a dish on purpose. My dad kept yelling at me and I stormed off to my room yelling back at him. Then my mom went in there yelling "My good plate! I can't believe this!" A little later I heard my dad say something to her about him not doing anything wrong and I yelled through the door, "You spoke up when I told you not to! You did something wrong!" He has a bad habit of stirring sh!t up again when things are just cooling down. I heard my mom crying all night but I just sat in my room moping. I was too angry to cry. My mom ended up vacuuming up the mess. I would have done it myself if she had left it longer. I was too upset to come out of my room until later. My mom knocked on my door after and told me "Come eat. No one's gonna bother you." So I did, but I didn't even eat what she had cooked. She had put it in the fridge downstairs and I didn't want to go get it cause my dad was there. I was pretty miserable for a couple of days but we just kinda let it go and never brought it up again. I don't care. I don't like to apologize. It's over with. But that's about the only real issue I have that ever shows itself. They don't see me depressed. They don't see me afraid. They don't see me get emotional at all until I blow up. I keep everything bottled and then something sets me off and I snap. And then it just seems like I've got a temper and I just need to "grow up" and not be such a b!tch. It isn't that simple.

AnxietyDave

But that's about the only real issue I have that ever shows itself. They don't see me depressed. They don't see me afraid. They don't see me get emotional at all until I blow up. I keep everything bottled and then something sets me off and I snap. And then it just seems like I've got a temper and I just need to "grow up" and not be such a b!tch. It isn't that simple.

I used to be like this all the time and it is one of the reasons my parents decided to put me onto medication way back in the day, all that the medication did was make me more depressed and withdrawn.

Over the years I have found more constructive ways to deal with the rage within me and find that life got a lot easier for me due to this change. Keeping your emotions all bottled up within yourself is like putting napalm in a pressure cooker, sooner or later it is going to blow and flatten everything around it whether those around are the cause of these emotions or not.

Try to use more open communication on an ongoing basis even if what you are saying is not always well accepted, it is for your own good. Hope this helps and it is always a good thing to let some steam off. All strength to you and I hope it is going better today.

About 3 hours ago, but it was more of a "rage attack" than "losing my temper".

I'm no expert (just making it up as i go along), but I think the difference between these beasts could be:
  • Losing temper/cool, getting angry/pissed, etc: caused/triggered by & directed at something specific
  • Enraged/furious: caused/triggered by & directed at something specific
  • Temper tantrum: not caused by anything in particular, triggered by something specific, might or might not be directed at something specific
  • Rage attack, blind fury, uncontrollable rage: not caused by anything in particular, triggered by something specific, might or might not be directed at something specific

Damaged

Probably way back in march/april to do with my ex we always had rows and most ended up being physical.
I haven't got angry since then, im much more happier.

Orbital

I never lose my temper. Sometimes I actually try to artificially look more angry then I am so people don't think it's wierd that I don't get mad.

Jake123

Banned
lol I rarely lose my temper but a on a related note, my sister loses her temper all the time. She's taking anger management classes as part of a punishment for assaulting a police officer lol. She goes crazy and freaks out on me all the time. Once she ran me over with her car lol

mads

lol I rarely lose my temper but a on a related note, my sister loses her temper all the time. She's taking anger management classes as part of a punishment for assaulting a police officer lol. She goes crazy and freaks out on me all the time. Once she ran me over with her car lol

Damn that sounds wild