When was the last time you felt on top of the world?

Moonie

I'd say 2003-2005 were my glory years. If I could be eternally 20-22, I'd be the happiest person ever. I guess I felt good during that time because I started to exercise alot, as silly as that sounds. But it made me feel so good inside and out. I, for the first time in my life, felt what it was like to be depression-free and dare I say, beautiful.

I was also watching my little cousins during that time, and maybe I felt good because they admired me. I was cool in their eyes, so I felt like someone worthwhile. We would just hang out and play games all summer long. It was innocent and fun.

Because I took care of myself, guys also noticed me. I had guys hit on me (which I never encountered in MS or HS) and say I was pretty/beautiful/hot.

This may say shallow, but I loved the attention. When you are super shy, then getting noticed for something (even if it was looks) was nice.

Now that I am getting older, let myself go some, I rarely feel good about myself. I guess I have become bitter.

jaypee06

when i won a patrick star plush toy from the crane game at the arcade... everyone was trying to get one but it was hard cos of his shape... my friend and i went bananas when we won one... one of the few times that i didnt care if everyone was looking

oh and when i learnt how to commute on my own in the philippines... public transportation there is hectic!

jaypee06

i haven't felt on top of the world since i was in high school. I played basketball and I hit a game winning three to beat a top 5 ranked team to move on to the next round of districts... My ego was gigantic :eek:
id hate to be the guy/s who was, or was supposed to be, guarding you...

Hey, must of been hard commuting I know the Philippines has funky roads.
yea it seemed a lot more difficult since im Filipino by heritage and based on my appearance you'd assume that i could communicate fluently in Filipino, which wasnt that case back then, but it's a different story now... its such a priceless feeling when you overcome challenges :D

Hellhound

Super Moderator
Very very true, it goes a little something like this : finish school, get married, buy house, have kids, retire. Ha! jk i'm lame.

Yeah, and not just that. Sometimes their attitudes are the same, their clothing, their likes and dislikes... at the point that those who aren't like them are given weird looks. Hence why so many of us feel like we don't belong anywhere. Well, obviously... machines don't like flesh puppets, just as zombies don't like living peoples, they either leave us aside or try to program or give us a bite so we will turn into one of them ::p: That's why we should look for other humans like us and stay away from robots and zombies as much as we can :)

Fml

A couple of years ago when I thought I would fail but passed my exams and graduated, never felt so happy in my life.

thor01

I don't remember, for me. For the past few years I seem to have felt like things are on top of me, with things like college and stuff it really does feel like that for the most part. The way my mind works somehow is that sometimes I feel like I cant do something like tidy my room, or enjoy little things, until I've done/achieved things I want to do haha, and everythings just right. Silly I know. But I don't mean achievements in the sense of academic or work ones, just small personal ones. Like with music.

Last edited:

Emily_G

Probably last year, my last semester of school. I had to do an oral presenation. I started out by telling the class that I stuttered, so expect to hear it. To see the expressions on their faces was great....they didn't change! They looked the same after I said that as they did before I said that. Then I started on my presentation. I talked slowly so people could understand me, I went through my powerpoint slides, not rushing through like I normally would have. I stuttered a few times, but kept going as if I didn't. Then my presentation was over, everyone clapped, I sat down, AND I DIDN'T GO TO THE BATHROOM TO CRY AFTERWARDS. I called my hubby and was so excited that I did so well!!! I got a prefect grade too :) The teacher said I had the right amount of slides, information, kept the topic interesting, etc. It felt so awesome...I wish I had done all my college presentations like that instead of only one :)

M1tCh

Banned
What if you like the world to be on top of you? "World" being a euphemism for...uh, nevermind.

I don't know that there was a 'last time' or any time that would qualify. hmm. probably not.