When something gets you down what's your way in feeling better?

sevenroses

When something gets you down what's your way in feeling better? I'm sure we all get those sad moments more so that non-saers out there.

Silvox Black

Well it depends on whether or not you have something to hope for or simply allow time to dull the pain. I look to myself for strength. Holding to my principals and my cynicism to guide me on through the wheel of life, whether it be hell or in some very rare cases, heaven-like.

zav943

I either go on a very long jog or hit the gym and pump iron like my life depended on it then hope I can get to sleep when I go home...works well

Whiskey, double, straight, no ice.
Do not rely on that. It works at times, not always. Need another?
I don't know. Never have been asked. Look forward to some more responses to this.

zav943

Whiskey, double, straight, no ice.
Do not rely on that. It works at times, not always. Need another?
I don't know. Never have been asked. Look forward to some more responses to this.
I sincerely hope we don't get a lot of 'turn to god'-type answers...

I sincerely hope we don't get a lot of 'turn to god'-type answers...

Why? Do they bother you?
No. Do not worry, well not do that.
Cannot say for others. Though have not seen this happen before there are those 'first time for everthing' moments. Please be mindful, all are entitled to their opinion and thoughts.

Zav943, what is 943? Anything special? Or just a random number?

Uber Schnitzel

Music. Plain and simple music. Something upbeat and rockin'! If it's a breakup though any of "your songs" should be avoided for obvious reasons.

SilverFire

Uh oh, I was gonna say, serious prayer, but I guess that's not allowed. Oops!

I've found watching humorous shows/movies helps. Somebody said once that laughter is the best therapy.

Also, unless it's really bad, doing anything constructive also works, like cleaning, removing old computer files, vacuuming, and so on. Why it works for me is that I can tell that I'm making a difference (no matter how small) and so that staves off the hopeless/meaningless feelings and thoughts.

Uh oh, I was gonna say, serious prayer, but I guess that's not allowed. Oops!

I've found watching humorous shows/movies helps. Somebody said once that laughter is the best therapy.

Also, unless it's really bad, doing anything constructive also works, like cleaning, removing old computer files, vacuuming, and so on. Why it works for me is that I can tell that I'm making a difference (no matter how small) and so that staves off the hopeless/meaningless feelings and thoughts.

Sure it's allowed. It's just what you do personally...

Anyway, for myself, I think I like to watch people do things... like professional gaming, some good soccer games, comedy, some of youtube's Let's Plays so that I can game vicariously haha... watching people paint... Too bad spectating and 'watching' can't be a job though lol... or I can turn.. professional!

mrb

weight lifting running , anything like that just tire myself out .......