When I laugh at people.

EscapeArtist

When I laugh "at" people is when I feel the deepest sense of love for them. When I see others being vulnerable or being embarrassed is when I feel the most connected to them, I laugh out of pure joy.

I realized this when I laughed at my friend when he stuttered. (Hi friend!) And couldn't find the words to explain what it meant that I laughed, because when such a moment arises is when I feel the greatest appreciation for the person... As if we are all imperfect anyways, so these moments are nothing but reminders that we are equal and are purely something to light up the day with. But then why do I fear others judging me so badly?

It's odd huh? How do you feel if people were to laugh at you? Do you ever laugh at others, what are you THINKING and FELNIG when you laugh at otherS? Even if it's just a little chuckle at your best friend.

Maybe this topic is scattered, to be honest i'm bored so I thought of something to post. LOL.

DeadmanWalking

An idle mind is the devil's plaything, EscapeArtist::p:!

But, to answer your question, it all depends. If I'm intentionally trying to be funny or stupid, then I'll feel happy that others are laughing at me. But when I'm embarrassed or when I screw up, then that's when I don't want to be laughed at. At that point, I would most likely already be beating myself up for it, so being laughed at would only give myself more material to self-hate. I wouldn't let anyone see it though; to the outside world, I'd be laughing with them, albeit a little sadly.

Silatuyok

I don't mind being laughed at if I accidentally do or say something clumsy, so long as it is a kind laughter and not a derisive one.
But, growing up as a child I was constantly the butt of my older sibling's practical jokes, and it scarred me for life. Whenever someone does something to me so that they can laugh at my reaction or simply amuse themselves, it really, really bothers me.

Kiwong

I once laughed at a friend.

He was learning English.

He told me he was going to get a part time job as a letter box.

It all depends on context I think.

Normally I feel like it's negative judgment when people laugh at me when I'm not joking. But when it's a friend that I trust as much as I'm capable of trusting people, then it's something different. It becomes like a expression, like a smile or frown.

For me the pinnacle of connection is when I start to apply good natured ripping. Because it means I've let my guard down to be ridiculed without taking offense to it. It's kinda like laughing, but in a joke format. A ''Your face''-joke is my equivalent of ''I trust you completely on a personal level''.

I also have this strange thing where I get all warm and fuzzy on the inside when somebody does or says something that I can relate to on a emotional/execution level. I'm like ''Oh my gosh, that's what I would do/say! What are the odds?''. These moments are rare, unfortunately.