When did my room become a prison cell?

kuhtreen

I've been sitting here in my room with the door closed, for the last two hours. I am pretty hungry but if I walk to the kitchen, that means I'll have to pass my sister and her friend who are watching tv in the living room. Wow, this is what I have come to? I'd rather starve than interact with this girl? I've talked to her PLENTY before. She's over here often. I'm just really not in the mood right now.

kuhtreen

We're all doing time in the slammer, I'm waiting for my release, I'm innocent I tell you. lol

LOL!

What the heck, I just tried to post "LOL" but it said my message was too short and I had to lengthen it. Pshh, lame.

same here, i always go eat when the kitchen is empty

Heh...I know exactly how it feels like.

Same thing with my other half brother (not that close) and my sister in law. I don't know I just feel akward around them.

However...

These past few months were like a miracle. Each day I feel better little by little. I sensed what I think "self worth" is within me and I'm doing a little better than before. Lots of things changed, it's just hard to explain.

kuhtreen

Heh...I know exactly how it feels like.

Same thing with my other half brother (not that close) and my sister in law. I don't know I just feel akward around them.

However...

These past few months were like a miracle. Each day I feel better little by little. I sensed what I think "self worth" is within me and I'm doing a little better than before. Lots of things changed, it's just hard to explain.

That is so good to hear!! Congrats.

this_portrait

It's been like that with me, too.

Only I'm trying to avoid my stupid live-in cousin, who is always in either the living room or the kitchen. (Bitch.)

zharl

That sounds awfully familiar. My mom's a teacher and students have been at the house all the time too...I used to confine myself to my room as well, and avoid such trivial things as, I don't know, eating. You don't necessarily have to be in the same room, and chances are, if you pass by, they'll think nothing of it. So, go get food in the future, as long as you're fully clothed I mean...you'll definitely get noticed if you're not.

NormanBates

don't think of it as a prison cell think of it as a monk's cell. aren't these almost the same conditions for monastic life?

Tiercel

I guess it only becomes a prison cell the moment you let it become one.

Lately I've found that vulgar apathy helps a little. I'm hungry and there's someone I don't want to talk to between me and the food? F:eek: them, I'm hungry.

And the best part about this approach is that it can also be applied to one's self. I didn't want to deal with that person so I sat in my room alone and hungry? F:eek: me.

:D