When and how much do you sweat?

Nicholas

I know there is probably another thread on this, but I decided to post this anyway. I would like to know some information about your hyperhidrosis: in particular, when you sweat the most and how much.
I find it difficult to answer my own question, because it's highly dependent on how anxious I am. If I am in a social situation and it's kind of hot I get anxious about my condition, and so I am can have sweat drops running down my forehead even if it's 26 degrees Celsius / 78.8 Fahrenheit. At that temperature, if I am alone at home and I am relaxed, I might not sweat at all.
As soon as the temperature rises, it becomes hell for me. I can't be in a social situation at 30 C / 86 F, since at that temperature I can have drops running down my face just doing nothing at home, if I'm anxious (and I can't relax when it's too hot, so I always am).
At higher temperatures, like 33 C / 91.4 F, I just sweat continuously, I can't stand staying more than 1 minute at that temperature. This means I find it impossible to stay out in the sun in the summer.

I sweat a lot almost everywhere except on my feet, maybe. Mainly on my face, neck and trunk, and armpits.

This condition has ruined my life, I don't know how you guys can cope, but after all most of you just have palmar HH. Thanks.

Brightinfinity

I sweat from my hands, feet, and the backs of my thighs when I'm sitting down (weird, I know). Heat does affect my HH, but mostly it's anxiety that causes it. In the summer though I'm usually acclimated to the heat so I will get cold and start sneezing in a room that's like 77 degrees F.
I don't sweat at night in bed and early in the morning, as well as times during the day that I'm relaxed (usually at home). I also get dry for a little while after meals.
My hands are damp most of the time (although I'm using a treatment so they're better than they used to be). My feet are moist pretty much all the time, although it's hard to tell because I usually wear socks. When I'm particularly nervous, my hands and feet drip, and the backs of my thighs will also start to sweat (I'm not sure how much, but it feels like the wet marks would be visible so I'm afraid to stand up without giving them a chance to dry off). I also leave damp areas on some chairs. It makes it look like I peed my pants xP

In the summer, especially on hot days, it's not unusual for everyone to sweat, so no one will judge you if you sweat while you're outside, especially if you're also doing some physical activity. So don't be afraid to go outside and like run or bike or something. I'm also fond of swimming because you can't see sweat in the water, and it's a good way to cool off.

sam008

hi i sweat everywhere apart from my hands, the face and scalp being the main issue, i service fit and install fire extinguishers and this is a big issue for me i hav to deal with clients all day and its a nightmare as soon as a drill enters my hand the sweat starts and 10 mins into drilling im a dripping mess and have to go out to the van to dry off a few times in the day,but iv ordered avert so im hopeing these will work as iv heard alot of good reports about them on this website yeah there are a few side effects but i cud put up with a dry mouth as long as im dry

Rexus

Guys, I have to tell you, it's like I'm the buddha of hyperhidrosis now. I just don't care about hh anymore. Once you TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY NOT CARE ABOUT WHATEVER SWEAT YOU HAVE ON YOUR BODY IN WHATEVER SITUATION AND JUST FOCUS YOUR MIND ON ANYTHING OTHER THAN SWEAT, ONLY THEN WILL YOU KNOW TRUE HAPPINESS.

I stopped all medications and treatments and I sweat and I am HAPPY. I don't care, and when I don't care, people as well don't ****ing care. There are a lot of people out there with hh that don't care as well and live normal lives. We have mental problems like anxiety and OCD so we make a HUGE deal out of it. After 10 years of suffering, now I know the sole treatment for hyperhidrosis.

Live free of any earthly infestations and only then will you truly know I am right. It will take you a long journey to come to what I have come. It is smack middle of summer here with 39 degrees most days and I am absolutely living happy, carefree, and HELLA SWEATY. Live your lives people, and quit obsessing about something trivial like sweating.

skillzx3

Right on Rexus.
I think we all have to adopt this attitude, the true solution to HH woes. (Ofcourse you can argue otherwise, but why not just take what you have and count your blessings?)

Sprawling

If you have an itch, scratch it. If you have sweat, wipe it. For those with HH, "Don't sweat the small stuff," just sweat it all...always.

DaaaBulls

Sometimes just letting things like this go is easier said than done.

I sweat on my hands and the bottoms of my feet. If I do not do any treatment than my hands will sweat all day every day. Even when it is cold outside they will start to sweat. Sometimes during the summer I will be sitting around with the air conditioning on and watch as my hands drip sweat down my arms and watch large droplets of sweat pour from the tips of my fingers like rain falling off of a leaf in the morning.

My feet make it hard for me to walk around without any socks or shoes on. I slip on anything other than concrete or carpet. And when I walk on carpet and concrete everything on the ground sticks right to the bottoms of my feet.

It isn't just the social part of HH that drives me nuts. It is also the fact that I feel so uncomfortable in my own body. The fact that the rubbing of my fingers together when I do normal tasks sends shivers down my spine. The fact that I cannot walk around without a pair of socks on.

Sprawling

I can deal with my entire body breaking out into sweats from simple movement, yet I'm just tired with the many years of my hands dripping. I feel more secure with myself when my hands can maintain 99% dryness. I can make myself believe my sweaty hands doesn't bother me but the truth is it does. I can deal with the sweaty feat easier. The part of my attitude that has changed is my ability to talk about HH with people I meet. It feels great to finally share the fact that I sweat, therefore I'm sweaty at times.

gg1101

Nicolas, your initial post described me exactly, except that I don't let it ruin my life. I try to just not care and I always carry my trusty sweatrag to wipe my face in the summer.