• 21-30 years

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • >30 years

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
A thought experiment?:idontknow:
Many of us are depressed and dealing with our own dire circumstances without needing to imagine ourselves in an even further disasterous life with no hope at all.:idontknow:
I don't understand the point of this?

Me neither :p What the OP is describing is just one intense and deep depression. Depression can be cured... or at least controled

dullian

Well, I don't know how long I'd last, but maybe that wouldn't be a reason to kill myself. To me life, at its core, is a meaningless succession of activites that become so since they lead to a common end, and sometimes that makes me wonder 'is it worth bothering?'. However, as long as that notion doesn't hit too hard, I can manage to carry on with my routine and with that which I'm supposed to accomplish.

mixedupgirl

Well I followed your instructions, it wasn't easy, but I tried my best to imagine what you mentioned. It seemed like I was staring into the abyss. It felt like all hope was slipping away from me, and my demise was imminent. But then, I imagined I was eating a bar of chocolate, and I started to feel great again. I also imagined I was Hugh Hefner (just not as lecherous) and the playboy bunnies wanted to ravish me. But I said no, not tonight, I have a headache.

I guess the point I’m making, or trying to, I just can't bring myself to think in such a negative way. No matter how bad my situation may seem, I always try to cling on to something positive. Every Storm Cloud Has A Silver Lining.

Lol and this is precisely why I didn't comment on this post because I can not and would not want to even imagine that kind of hopeless, negative existence.