What's you American Accent? (quiz! :D)

Diend

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Inland North

93%

You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

88%
The Northeast

87%
Philadelphia

70%
The Midland

62%
The South

31%
Boston

25%
The West

8%
North Central

Metal_isthe_Answer

Mine is also the west, I worked with a guy from New York and he was surprised I didnt know what "muddin" was, when he said what it was I wast just like "oh, that sounds dumb"
Alternatively, my speach therapist in the hospital said I had a southern accent, but I never use southern slang, words like "aint" or "yall" are hillbilly speak to me

lostwonderland

Your Result: The Midland

88%
"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

80%The West

62%The Inland North

62%Boston

58%North Central

43%The Northeast

36%Philadelphia

34%The South

paintedblue

Your Result: The Inland North

100%

You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

Wow I was surprised it actually narrowed me down to Chicago correctly, smart quiz :p and yes I do call fizzy drinks pop!!:applause:

BleedTheFreak

Your Result: The Northeast

100%
Judging by how you talk you are probably from north Jersey, New York City, Connecticut or Rhode Island. Chances are, if you are from New York City (and not those other places) people would probably be able to tell if they actually heard you speak.

87% Philadelphia

85% The Inland North

60% The Midland

54% The South

44% Boston

18% The West

2% North Central

They got me. I don't even notice my accent until I speak to someone who isn't from around here (which is not often). I've been mistaken for sounding like I'm from Boston, too.

Steiner

Your Result: The Midland

95%
"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

88%The West

69%Boston

66%North Central

41%The Inland North

35%The South

33%Philadelphia

27%The Northeast

neardeath

"North Central" is what professional linguists call the Minnesota accent. If you saw "Fargo" you probably didn't think the characters sounded very out of the ordinary. Outsiders probably mistake you for a Canadian a lot.

hexagon_sun

I have a western accent??? I guess that's why people in the boston area look at me ****-eyed when I open my mouth. I grew-up here my whole life but I've never been inclind to drop my "R's". It doesn't feel natural to me. I have had people comment that I talk funny... Why am I such a friggin alien...

hexagon_sun

I have a western accent??? I guess that's why people in the boston area look at me ****-eyed when I open my mouth. I grew-up here my whole life but I've never been inclind to drop my "R's". It doesn't feel natural to me. I have had people comment that I talk funny... Why am I such a friggin alien...

95% Midland
75% Boston
73% North Central
33% the Inland North
27% Philadelphia
27% The South
21% Northeast

MBinMN

I'm from Minnesota don't cha kno

Your Result: North Central

80%
"North Central" is what professional linguists call the Minnesota accent. If you saw "Fargo" you probably didn't think the characters sounded very out of the ordinary. Outsiders probably mistake you for a Canadian a lot.

72%The West

66%The Midland

55%Boston

53%The Inland North

23%The Northeast

14%Philadelphia

13%The South