what would you prefer??

what would you prefer

• psychological disorder

Votes: 35 74.5%
  • terminal illness /no psychological disorder

Votes: 12 25.5%

• Total voters

alana

would you prefer to have a terminal illness with no psychological disorders.

or

psychological disorders?

gsmax5

would you prefer to have a terminal illness with no psychological disorders.

or

psychological disorders?

Umm... psychological disorders, definitely. Unless they're really bad psychological disorders like retardation, or that one disease where you want to amputate your limbs.

I can't imagine being a terminal cancer patient. All my dreams of success will be gone.

Last edited:

rand0m_guy

Psychological disorders. Not keen on the whole death thing.

I'd rather have physical pain than severe depression, though.

Rise Against

psychological, because some of them can be cured... although i would much rather feel physical pain than mental pain.

Danfalc

Banned
Sometimes i feel like i have no life anyway and i may aswell have a terminal illness because i just have no quality of life at the moment.But i guess thats just me feeling sorry for myself..at least with Psychological disorders you can get better or at least learn to live with them :)

cosmosis

Terminal illness where you know how long you have to live wouldn’t be so bad. I would take that over severe perpetual physical pain or severe perpetual psychological pain easily. There is nothing crueler than pain (physical or mental) that has no end in sight.

Riiya

I voted terminal illness. Life hasn't been treating me well, and suicide isn't an option for me. Terminal illness just means I get to go where everybody is heading to earlier - and possibly die a martyr with people I don't know saying what a wonderful person I was and how sorry they are that they never had the chance to know me well.

Of course, if I had never had any psychological disorders and was posed this question, I'd have the exact opposite answer.

Last edited:

FOR REAL

Banned
terminal illness, because the pain im feeling mentally (for me) is horrific, its like devestation all the time
i dislocated my shoulder recently (dont know how it happened), went to hospital 4 days later, and the docs were stunned when i told them (4 days ago! lol)
for me physical pain is nothing compared to mental pain.

WastedPotential

terminal illness,

so that I could look like a supercool guy and say I beat cancer.

(there have been some days where I asked myself this question, and on some days may have honestly preferred terminal illness - temporarily, which defeats the whole purpose, but yeah)

either way it's like being asked would you rather lose a finger or a toe..

I think it's a good question. I used to dream about having a terminal illness, because I was so depressed and had no desire to live, but my mind was so entangled in my family that whenever I got close to suicide the guilt would be overwhelming. So I stuck it out through several major depressive episodes, when I'd much rather have been dead. Having a terminal illness would have been a great relief.

But I'd take SA over terminal illness, because it's not depression.

appletree

a terminal illness is a psychological illness as well, dealing with it would inevitably cause a psychological illness. :)