What would you do?

How do you handle the situation?

• Total voters

Aussie_Lad

Here's the scenario:

You have just gone to buy a lottery ticket as a gift for someone. After buying it, you look at the ticket and discover that they gave you a ticket for the wrong draw. So how do you handle this situation?

nicole1

There's nothing wrong with saying, "Hey durnit! You gave me the wrong one!" But, you know, in a more polite way.

WeirdyMcGee

I don't see much difference in the lotteries so I'd keep the ticket I was mistakenly given.
If it's fate, maybe this gift will be very lucky, too?

Besides... I find it hard enough to purchase one lottery ticket without getting ID'd and questioned on my age- a skeptical look -and having my mother come in and tell them I am old enough... -__- so I doubt I'd want to go through with buying a second one or returning that one and getting the 'right' one.

Purplepixies

I'd take the wrong one and buy and extra one for myself as well! ^_^
I just bought one tonight. If I get all 75 million, I will give 4 ppl from here 250k each. Random choosing though.

mikebird

Banned
On lottery... I have read all the responses, but I'm going off on a tangent...

When the lottery was introduced in the UK, we were spending all our time during Maths A-levels, on probability. I found it pretty interesting at the time, but it became much more fascinating when the teacher went all the way through how probability would affect the lottery.

Everyones on different sides of the fence: subjective, meaningless, betting, gambling, luck... or facts.

It was clear when explained, that there is far more chance of being well off by keeping your £ in a jar for life, or otherwise, when you grasp that this hugely outweighs buying a ticket for any chance of lottery success. I've stuck with that.

It would take a very large syndicate to change that balance... I'd go for that if there was a syndicate three times the population of London.