What to put my energy behind

aj

Another thread, sorry, I just don't want to mess up the old ones because I'm just going on about me. You're literally the only people I have to ask, I'm sorry if I'm going on too much :(

I suppose at the moment my goal is to go to a club (as in night I guess) somewhere. I think I might like it and I imagine that it would finally make me feel like I'm the age I am. If nothing else, I want to try it to see what it's like - at least then I can say I hated it.

It looks like I can try and go a few ways. So - especially if anyone out there has got over this - if I concentrated on doing one thing, what do you think it should be?

- Find one in the day time and then go by myself later on - obviously always an option, if I can make myself. But it would probably turn into a disaster, having never been to one, and it's a rubbish way of doing it with nobody to learn from

- Forget it and try to find some other interest - hoping that I make a friend and that this will somehow one day lead to going to one, which I imagine would be unlikely

- Forget it and keep trying to join people going to the pub for a while after work - again hoping that this will one day lead somewhere, which seems less unlikely, but difficult because it's the wrong crowd and they'll probably never go to the right place

- Try to find someone at work who will take me along, either alone or with their mates - looks impossible at the moment because the few people I know and have the slightest trust for are the people who've deserted me.

mmmm

I would definitely try the club thing if you've never done it. I like going in the really early morning when everyone is at the peak I-love-you stage of drunkenness. Everyone's usually nice then and they won't notice if you're alone. Oh, and if you do something stupid, nobody will remember. best of luck.

aj

Do you mean really early morning as in 1am or just before they close? Or ar they generally the same thing? ::p:

So what is it okay to wear, unless they say otherwise? Do you have to pay to get in the door?

mmmm

Er, they don't close anywhere near 1am but you could go then. Are you a girl AJ or a boy AJ? There are certain formality rules. some of the places say closed shoes for both sexes, long pants and collars for boys. Most places don't care. It's money for them, after all. Yes you do have to pay to go in and take your ID just in case.

aj

Haha, you can see how much I know. I'm a bloke, and that's what I was expecting you to say. That's how I would plan to dress anyway ;) So they usually won't get funny about trainers then?

mikestar

Banned
I would say the third option,having a few drinks after work. You get a little tipsy in the pub next thing you know your in the club :) Then you'll ask yourself how did I get here lool

First option sounds a little naff probably make things worst

Atleast you made a good goal for yourself,good luck mate

aj

Hey, stop saying how you had fun, you're making me want to go even more, lol. Yeah, it wouldn't take too much to get me falling around. Probably.

I don't know. I think I need to try it soon, because I have been waiting for so many years just to see what it's like, I'm feeling really low at times and it's getting worse. There are no more people I can ask to take me. If I can go to one for ten minutes, then that would be great. I think my biggest worry is being mugged. I'd be a small, speccy guy, out by himself...

aj

BTW if I do do this, it won't be this weekend, I need a look at the places first :)

Some of you said that I shouldn't do it on my own, could I ask why? Is it just that it would be more fun with other people, or do you think that it would be a disaster and I really shouldn't do it?

Edit: Maybe going on a week night would be a good idea? Would be a bit quieter... wouldn't it?

Last edited: