What things have you missed out on

lunarskye

Freshmen and sophmore yr in highschool was okay because I had a close group of friends from 8th grade but it all went down hill from there.

My friends had diff classes than me and they met new friends. Then in 11 grade i went to a new school and really tried to open up and meet new people. I wore a fake smile because people like that. I sat a diff lunch tables but none of it worked.

they all looked at me like i was an alien. I'd hear comments like "Ughh there's no room here now" "why's there so many people here?" So I got the hint and sat at a table by myself for a whole yr. It didn't help that my cousin was in the same lunch wave as me. [miss perfect cheerleader] So 11th grade i had not a single friend at all.

I dropped out senior yr because i was going to yet another new school.

I missed out on prom

after school activities

friends

parties

boyfriends

getting a job

learning to drive [no one wants to teach me]

university [suposed to go this yr]

being outgoing

basically being a teenager.

I'm only 19
:oops:

Josh90

Riding my BMX, I got 2 £200 bikes but I dont use them because I dont want to go out without friends

Girlfriend
Partying
Getting a job
Passing my GCSE's
Being inside all the time has made me lazy

Jagged

I have missed out on:

*Going to dances in middle school and high school. Including prom.
*Having a friend to hang out with or doing any friend activities.
*Having anybody to talk to and help me out when I'm feeling down.
*Going on dates.
*Parties.
*Being outside.

It just sucks being me and having SA. I do have a job but I usually stay quiet most of the time and when somebody talks to me I feel like I follow along but my mind doesn't stick to what they're saying.

I'm 19 also.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Things that I've missed out on:

Being a teenager. Being outgoing.
College and furthering my education - I feel like a failure in that regard - because I dropped out of high-school 3 years ago, aged 17.
Friends
Parties
Dating
Relationships
Girlfriends

That's it, really, I can't think of anything else.

Walk

Holy crap, this is a big issue for me.

If it wasn't for social anxiety and the false worries it created, I would've had friends in high school. That means I could've had friends to joke around with and hang out with and travel with in those lonely, sad years. I can't find anything more painful that SA created than that;

I wouldn't have dropped out from HS and probably been done with college by now;

I would have had a girlfriend;

I probably would have done something cool in my teens like learn how to surf and/or learn how to play an instrument and been in a band.

All those things above I'm trying to accomplish now. So far, only school has been working out for me. Gotta try harder for the rest.

Walk

I just read all the posts and everyone seems to be sad on having missed out on pretty much the same, exact things.

Milton5a

Lots of things :(

- Never having a proper boyfriend
- Since secondary school never having any friends
- Not going to college/university
- Missing out on experiences
- Not going to parties
- Unable to meet any new people

SA is horrible

Argamemnon

I feel like all this lack of experiences (social life, friends, partner/intimacy, work etc.) have changed me forever in a very negative way. It feels as if I'd never be able to enjoy life again. I might as well die.

walltulip

I want to travel but can't make friends to travel with. I might try hostelling though. Hopefully I'll meet people that way.

Krista

Hmm.....:

- Not putting myself into more situations to meet new people
- Not going to college when I had liked to
- Sabotoging relationships with guys I like
- Isolating myself
- The need to change my life and self but 0 will power to do it with
- Being lonely in general

Shift

I probably don't have anything new to add, but I am missing out on going to parties, having friends, a lover, a job, a life, things to do over the weekends, spending more time with the few friends I do have, getting good grades, and I don't know what else. I'll probably think of more later...