What is your intelligence quotient (IQ)?

What is your IQ?

• Total voters
I'm a super genius just like Wile E. Coyote :p . I started college when I was 14, dropped out of high school at 15, got my GED at 16, my A.S. degree in computer programming at 18, my first programming job at 19 (Apple II plus, then IBM PC). Unfortunately SAD (Social Anxiety Disorder) stopped me dead in my tracks at 22. My first boss told me I should join Toastmasters, but I thought being "shy" was okay, I was oh so wrong. I'm just now picking up the pieces thanks to ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy).

bulent

I was making an online test and gave up after fifth question. They were pretty hard for me that i couldn't solve any of them and if i continued the result would be a "zero IQ" coz probably rest of the questions were even harder.So best answer was for me to not answer.I'm happy with my head under the sand,i don't wanna see the truth.

Last edited:

lexie66

my IQ is 139. my college did a mensa testing last year. my IQ means im moderately gifted, which sounds kind of retarded tbqh. i could have applied to join Mensa but there was no point, all you get is a card and the right to put on job applications that you are actually rather clever.

2Crowded

I took one of them online ones around 5 years ago....I think it gave me a 114 if I am remembering right.

I dunno.... I guess that could mean I'm not stupid. :lol:

cobalt_bluester

hi. did mine last week and got 131 but felt I could have done a little bit better with some practice on the type of questions you tend to get.

cobalt_bluester

lexie66 said:
my IQ is 139. my college did a mensa testing last year. my IQ means im moderately gifted, which sounds kind of retarded tbqh. i could have applied to join Mensa but there was no point, all you get is a card and the right to put on job applications that you are actually rather clever.
Hi lexie66, you sound very clever. are you trained in anything and what is your current job?

chris87

I don't know my IQ. I've never taken any type of test to determine it. I am probably better off not knowing haha :).

NightTimeForever

There are many studies that dispute the effectiveness of IQ tests. It's kind of arrogant to think we have the ability to calculate our intellectual capacity in an even mildly accurate way. Are we not the most complex beings in the universe?

Anyway creativity is something that has cropped up somewhat recently in the subject of IQ tests, and how that isn't measured in (most) of them.

As for me, my attention span doesn't allow me to stick to or effectively complete one. But, both shrinks I have been to said that I was rather intelligent. One commented "I have never met a man that had so many insights into himself."

I've also been called a literary genius...not that I believe that. But it is nice to hear, lol!

It's funny I should come across this thread.. Because I just took an IQ test for the first time last night. I got a 107, but I think it depends on which test you take on how it scores you.. After asking on Yahoo Answers, I was told by some that it was average, and some said it was slightly above average.. But how accurate could a free IQ test on the internet be anyway?

Well this is one of the answers I got to my question I asked on Yahoo Answers .. I think it sums up what IQ tests are really all about.

IQ, or Intelligence Quotient, is a poor indicator of how smart someone is. The best it measures is ones ability to do tests. A person can be a mechanical genius but cant write a proper sentence. Or a person can play "Classical Gas" on a 12 string guitar to perfection, but doesn't know the 4 stages of cell division. How about the computer genious who phones technical support and doesn't connect his problem with his computer with the fact that their is a block-wide power failure.

This is the link to the question if anyone cares to read all of the answers.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...m4hxLpnsy6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20080910095404AAbYsnY

Walk

Throughout the years, I've taken online iq tests and ended up from 98 to 124. I don't know where I'm at. I'd like to think I'm 124 though... but, fuck that.

I honestly believe IQ is overrated. If you don't have persistence, you'll get no where.

For example, some of the highest IQ people in history did less accomplishments than others with less IQ.

Take a guy or girl who has a lot of natural talent to, say, swim. If that person doesn't practice daily and work out, he or she will get smoked by a less naturally gifted swimmer who trains daily.

tbanner523

Online IQ tests are usually bunk. In general, I think (valid) IQ scores can be valuable mostly because they have shown to be highly correlated with academic success, job performance and income, among other things. People are right when they say IQ tests do not measure all aspects of a person. But they can be extremely helpful in determining one's strengths and weaknesses, particularly when a learning disability is present.

I have heard the theory people with high IQs may have anxiety or depression since it is more difficult for them to relate to others. However, the flip side is definitely true as well -- those with low IQs may be anxious/depressed because the are unable to "figure out" certain things that everyone else seems to "get." Anxiety, self-esteem, and depression are all problems that occur more frequently in individuals with learning disabilities.

Mine was around 130. The thing is, IQ tests still can't be that accurate if your brain processes information in a different way, like that experienced from certain aspects of dyslexia?

tbanner523

no, an IQ test alone does not give enough information about processing differences. Other tests, together with an IQ test would be more helpful.

JonnyD

i dont know, once i tryed to take a test, it was soooooo boring and without objective i couldn't keep doing that. I think i just can't do anything that i'm really not interested on.

IQ have importance, but there are other factors in order to determine your inteligence...

I know i'm intelligent enought 8)

ZiggyCosmicJive

I got 134 on a test I took in a high school class. On the high side. I remember it gave my self esteem a boost. Still kinda proud. I'm not surprised most people here seem to be higher than average. They say intelligence makes someone more likely to become socially isolated.