What is your intelligence quotient (IQ)?

What is your IQ?

• Total voters

Uberfuhrer

Mine is 140. I don't really believe in IQs, though. I don't think that they are reliable regardless if they are online or given by a physician.

Zarrix

Done various online tests over time, always between 110-120. Don't think thats completely reliable, but at least theres consistency.

coriander1992

I've done so many and got so many different answers...I think maybe the fact that i'm 15 effects it too possibly?

I average at about 120...it's the maths questions that get me! :oops: :wink:

I personally think there are many different types of intelligence that aren't taken into account on an IQ test, though. You can be the most academically clever person in the world and not have the slightest bit of common sense... :roll:

Johno

IMO IQ is far too specific. It measures limited abilities. It doesn't take into account your social, moral, sporting, artistic, creative, inventive, and please feel free to add to this list of abilities. They rated me between 123- 133. Various tests that most of us undertake in our lives. I even took one online which stated I am a visionary philosopher with an IQ of 138. I doubt the validity of that one. Generally speaking I think it's an indicator of certain specific abilities that we may possess. Not an indicator of success in our modern world. Just an indicator of who is more likely to achieve.

lifes_to_long

I was told after doing a few test by my dyslexia teacher, that If I wasn't dyslexic I'd be in the top 3 most intelligent people out of a 100.I rocks

princess_haru

coriander1992 said:
I personally think there are many different types of intelligence that aren't taken into account on an IQ test, though. You can be the most academically clever person in the world and not have the slightest bit of common sense... :roll:

Johno said:
IMO IQ is far too specific. It measures limited abilities. It doesn't take into account your social, moral, sporting, artistic, creative, inventive, and please feel free to add to this list of abilities.

I completely agree with the above comments. I know a guy who probably wouldn't do particularly well with the maths/grammar parts of an IQ test, yet is jaw-droppingly talented with a guitar. IQ tests only calculate a small range of human ability and talent.

As for online tests, the ones I've taken seem pretty accurate as they all gave me a result of 136 to 138, and 138 was my result when a doctor tested me some years ago. I'm sure there are a lot of shockingly inaccurate ones out there too though...

Carstuar

SocialRetahd said:
My current IQ is at 118.

That's what I got from a test too. I don't think there's a good way to measure intelligence, though. Some people don't function well under pressure, and there are different kinds of logic.

princess_haru

I love how out of all the answers in the poll, the only option that hasn't had a single vote is the so-called normal range :lol:

Argamemnon

Carstuar said:
Some people don't function well under pressure, and there are different kinds of logic.
You hit the nail on the head here. I can't perform under pressure, especially around other people.

Uix

i got 118 on that test

maybe people with higher iqs are more likely to see things that others don't see, which if they have problems with anxiety, those things they see will cause more anxienty

i think way too much =S

Kamen

I think it is 140 - 145 according to some of the more accurate online tests I've seen. A version of one of them was used for admission to several inet IQ societies.
There are many inaccurate online tests made for money. My highest results have been around 165 - 175 which is of course too high to be true.