What Is Your Biggest Regret?

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Oooh, that a difficult question tae answer coz ah've got a few regrets...

• Not getting help or support for my problems when they started becoming obvious - help professional and from ma family.
  • Dropping out of high school due to my inability to cope with my social anxiety.
  • Constantly putting other people's happiness ahead of my own.

Sorry, ah couldnae pick just one...

fate12321

Just recently graduated high school and have been thinking about stuff that I should have done, but didn't do. Well here goes:
  • There were a few girls that had a crush on me, and actually told me, but I was to darn shy to actually do something about it.
  • I regret not joining the track team. I acctually worked out all summer to increase my speed, but was to nervous to tryout
  • I regret not getting to know my graduating class.

Odo

Banned
I try not to have them, but:

-going to New Zealand to study-- that is my biggest one so far.

-watching too much TV when I was young, not going out enough.

-spending too much time indoors on the computer when the weather is nice.

-not working things out with friends when I could see that they obviously had a right to feel the way they did.

-not standing up to bullies, even though I'm not sure how much good it would have done.

Last edited:

Lavinialuna

In 1998 (when I was 26) I visited Ireland. I had always had been drawn to Ireland. While I was there I located a salon that was owned by the parent company I worked for here in the states and I asked the person in the Irish salon if he would hire me if I could get a visa. He said he would. I went home with the plan to apply for a visa and arrange for a transfer with my employer. I thought maybe I would stay a year, maybe longer if it worked out.
My mother's response was "you are so selfish. Something is going to happen to your father and you'll never forgive yourself." I let her control me, and I stayed.
Since that happened my mother left my father and he is now married to someone else and living a state away. I see him twice a year. My mother moved away too. She recently moved back but spends half her time in FL and we never see each other when she is here. Makes me wonder why I let her manipulate me, especially since things turned out the way they did.
Had I not listened, I would never have met my husband, who I love and have all our beautiful kids with... but part of me always wonders what would have happened to me if I had the courage to follow my dreams.

regret

Staying inside all day all the time and not living my life at all. Just letting the world pass me by and never doing anything about it has to be one of my biggest regrets.