What if you are good with your friends but you dont fit in?

Tinkertoes

My friends are Goth, Scene, Emo, Anit-Preps, Etc
I'm..well..tried but failed at all of those. I was an anti for a while but..
not much hope with my wardrobe and attitude.
I have a total "Prep" attitude...and i LUV pink!!
My friends dont seem to mind. Kinda. But i feel so...wrong.
Like i'm not supposed to be in the group with them.
The cheerleaders and stuff dont accept me anyways!!

I googled some stuff and going "scene" seemed the best for me...
But one of my very good friends cant stand Scenes!

I just want to feel like i fit with my friends!!! :confused:

mikebird

Banned
It's important to be unique! There are too many people around.

At least we have our age - we have something in common with others

Tinkertoes

Why do you bother so much about being in a category?

Well. I know it's not supposed to matter, but being in a catagory is less lonely.
Like saying these are the "goths" is a bunch of people rather than
this is "Mary" which is one person
Which makes me feel alienated.
Which ups the Loneliness factor when i am with my friends.

Apersonalan

You should hang with your friends but be yourself if you want to be with different people you should do that too if there are conflicts you just keep them away from each other, that's what I did, they hated each other and were from different sides of the track as it were but by knowing all different kinds of people I was able to learn a lot from different personalities and even change myself but stay true to my other friends.

Going scene, don't really care about that. Sorry.

Tinkertoes

You should hang with your friends but be yourself if you want to be with different people you should do that too if there are conflicts you just keep them away from each other, that's what I did, they hated each other and were from different sides of the track as it were but by knowing all different kinds of people I was able to learn a lot from different personalities and even change myself but stay true to my other friends.

Going scene, don't really care about that. Sorry.

wow. thank. that changed my view alot.

Invisibleman

Yeah Ive felt like that,actually I feel like that right now. Im such a weird person I dont really fit in with anybody. My handful of friends at school I dont really fit in with them. Theres a few that are really into cars ,the others are really into computers im into none of that so I basically sit there awkwardly when theyre talking.

Tinkertoes

Yeah Ive felt like that,actually I feel like that right now. Im such a weird person I dont really fit in with anybody. My handful of friends at school I dont really fit in with them. Theres a few that are really into cars ,the others are really into computers im into none of that so I basically sit there awkwardly when theyre talking.

Oh. I'm so sorry. :(

¯\(º_o)/¯

Most of my best friends are skater/stoners. The don't really care for how they look, just concerned about smoking weed.

Me on the other hand I live to dress nice and be clean, nor do I smoke weed.
I don't try to get my friends to be like me and they don't try to get me to be like them but I usually feel different from them, but never apart from them
The people I love in life are just the way they have always been and that's the reason I love them

Also im all about meeting different personalities, keeps things changing and keeps life exciting

WeirdyMcGee

I have no idea what any of these terms mean.
Are they just... fashion groups- or idealisms or attitudes?

Where I come from-- it doesn't matter how you dress or what you believe in, as long as you care about eachother as human beings; you can be friends.
No one is left out just because they dress a certain way and no one is looked down upon because they decide to style their hair differently.
Maybe that's just how I think and not actually how it happens in the 'real world'; but it's the way things should be.
Style is a way of expression and not a way to compartmentalize yourself.

Does it matter what your label is? That's not who you are as a person and doesn't determine whether you'll get along with people of other 'labels'.
You should dress how you want, act how you think is proper and hang out with who you like.

Tinkertoes

I have no idea what any of these terms mean.
Are they just... fashion groups- or idealisms or attitudes?

Where I come from-- it doesn't matter how you dress or what you believe in, as long as you care about eachother as human beings; you can be friends.
No one is left out just because they dress a certain way and no one is looked down upon because they decide to style their hair differently.
Maybe that's just how I think and not actually how it happens in the 'real world'; but it's the way things should be.
Style is a way of expression and not a way to compartmentalize yourself.

Does it matter what your label is? That's not who you are as a person and doesn't determine whether you'll get along with people of other 'labels'.
You should dress how you want, act how you think is proper and hang out with who you like.

Wow. Thank You So much. I think im going to write that down somewhere...