What happened to SPW?

Phoenixx

A lot of people have moved on, myself included somewhat. I definitely don't post nearly as often anymore because 1) I'm not as bad as I used to be, my SA is fairly well managed and 2) Life in general has gotten incredibly busy for me the last few years. I still come back though every so often as it's nostalgic.

Cyrax

It's funny, these types of threads have popped up consistently for probably a half decade now - and they're not wrong, every time it has been slower than the past. It's so relative though, I was curious how active a site like SAS was, so I read one of their threads on how slow their site is, and there were comments talking about how the fact that they only get five or six messages in the first five minutes of a new thread being a clear sign of regression. We're lucky if a new thread gets that many posts period :LOL:
They also made an announcement about problems with stalkers and trolls and how people were stealing pictures/videos and posting them on another site just to make fun of them. Hmm. I wonder why a site full of the mentally disordered and paranoid, whose main fear in life is perceived negative judgement, decided that they didn't want to post there anymore. lmao.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
They also made an announcement about problems with stalkers and trolls and how people were stealing pictures/videos and posting them on another site just to make fun of them. Hmm. I wonder why a site full of the mentally disordered and paranoid, whose main fear in life is perceived negative judgement, decided that they didn't want to post there anymore. lmao.

Yeah, I saw that too, that was a bit concerning.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
They are the most cowardly of trolls. Not a fking spine amongst them.

I would love to have just 5 minutes alone with them...

PeterO

Interesting... I wasn't aware of SAS, so I checked it out for a few days. I didn't like the feel of it as much, not sure why. Seemed like a lot more off-topic stuff...

LoyalXenite

Interesting... I wasn't aware of SAS, so I checked it out for a few days. I didn't like the feel of it as much, not sure why. Seemed like a lot more off-topic stuff...

Yeah I felt the same, SAS wasnt as comfortable as SPW is, not too sure what it was, maybe just coz I was still new there. But SPW feels like home.

Azael

This site certainly has changed. The aesthetic is a remarkable departure to what I once knew. Such a pity that it's waning. I recall, when a member in late 2010 till late 2011, how busy the forum was. So many interesting people and interactions. I missed that. I suppose I had hoped to rekindle some of that magic. Not to be.

neurotic-to-the-bone

This site is about one of the biggest problem for people that come here and I guess after a while it can bring you down to focus too much on it. That's the case for me anyway. I need to try and forget what makes me different sometimes and not be too hyper aware of my social anxiety because that makes it worse. I see this site as a place of comfort where you can come when you're feeling alone with this problem. Society can really make you feel like that since it's always such a given that you're gonna be able to handle yourself in social interactions and if you can't you feel like a freak. So I do hope this site continues to exist even though it's slowed down a lot

Ever since I joined SPW, I've been experiencing a gradual shrinkage of its active population; people disappearing so abruptly to then never be heard about again. The trend kept going down, as I remember refreshing the then "Who's online" tab, which used to show more than 15 pages of visitors & guests online for the most part – and I surmise it was even more before I joined, considering the sheer amount of unknown members that I've read messages of. One can only hope that they quelled the conditions that initially brought them on social anxiety forums.
I first joined the forum to be able to reply to some thread that was addressing my biggest problem at that time — people staring, and I don't regret coming here, I've met wonderful people, who enabled me to feel more confident with myself by making me realize that I wasn't such an isolated case.

P.S. Yes I haven't been here at all in the past year