What do you REALLY think is going to happen in 2012?

Forgotten-Children

Yeah... My boyfriend and I got to talking because I called him a bit earlier than normal on a Sunday and lately my family hasn't been going to church. He's kinda disappointed in my because I still don't go to church even though it's within walking distance, but he knows I don't believe in God anymore.

Then he pops the question, "What do you actually think he could do to stop the evil in the world?", my answer was "He didn't give freewill to trees, so... anything can happen."

He just wanted me to believe in something (anything, be it God, a goddess, a dragon, ect.) because he told me that when the end of the world does come (If it'll actually ever happen), he wants to see me in heaven, but by the way that I talk, I'm never gonna make it there. He's REALLY upset about this because, franky, I don't care about it. I don't really see myself as a good person anymore anyway, so if I do believe in God and the end of the world comes about, then I'll go strait to hell. I'd rather just enjoy my life from what I can and not have to think about it.

Now, this thread isn't to bash ANY religion. It's strictly opinion. But as far as what I think is really going to happen on the so-called "end of days", we'd probably get a bad thunderstorm where I live causing a small scare until people realize, they're alive to see 1/1/2013.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
From other post post your boyfriend seems very domineering and a little mean if you ask me. I know you say he means well and that's just the way he is, but does that matter? I mean if you don't think you're a good person your boyfriend telling you that you're going to hell isn't going to make you feel better. And before when he blamed your SA on you for not standing up for yourself, how is that helpful? All he really seems to be doing is making you completely reliant on him, as he is very controlling and isn't nice to you, even if it's only sometimes.

You can ignore this, but I'm just throwing it out there, but most people in abusive relationships don't know they are in one. A lot of times no physical abusive happens, just one partner putting down the other, lowering their self-esteem, controlling them, ect. They make them feel you're lucky to have them because no one else would (not the case) so your decisions are influenced by his actions. Not saying it's your situation, just thought I let you know though.

Hopefully something.

We know nothing well. If the world as we know it is going to drastically change it will be when we are not expecting.

Forgotten-Children

From other post post your boyfriend seems very domineering and a little mean if you ask me. I know you say he means well and that's just the way he is, but does that matter? I mean if you don't think you're a good person your boyfriend telling you that you're going to hell isn't going to make you feel better. And before when he blamed your SA on you for not standing up for yourself, how is that helpful? All he really seems to be doing is making you completely reliant on him, as he is very controlling and isn't nice to you, even if it's only sometimes.

You can ignore this, but I'm just throwing it out there, but most people in abusive relationships don't know they are in one. A lot of times no physical abusive happens, just one partner putting down the other, lowering their self-esteem, controlling them, ect. They make them feel you're lucky to have them because no one else would (not the case) so your decisions are influenced by his actions. Not saying it's your situation, just thought I let you know though.

*sigh* A lot of people keep saying this to me whenever I talk about him, but he DOES mean well. It's just we don't always agree on things.

Personally, I think this is a pretty normal relationship from what I've seen around where I live. We're all human; we're not always happy.

And as far as being reliant on him, that's my own doing because I don't want to be with anyone else. I just can't see it happening, because there's always gonna be that guilt there and I'd feel that I'd be putting his love in vain... And I can't live like that.

Hopefully something.

We know nothing well. If the world as we know it is going to drastically change it will be when we are not expecting.

I suppose that's true, but when has something ever DRASTICALLY changed? Like, it seems like the norm in the world with the exception of the thinning O-Zone, but I don't think burning to a crisp by the sun could have been predicted because how could people thousands of years ago have known about gas or oil?

The only real drastic thing I could see happening IF the world was going to end is if massive multiple comets pulverised the Earth.

Last edited:

Tiercel

I think the world will continue trying to rip itself apart unsuccessfully. Pretty much the same as every other year.

Alistair

Tiercel,

Yes, while I do agree with that, but we keep moving on, "Whirlwind of Life." Or better yet, if humanity believes it, it will be a self fulling prophecy, IMO.