What do you fear?

dannyboy65

I've love to study myself and learn, what my most recent study is, is fear. I took a long time to think about what I fear and I now know what I fear. What I fear is anything I don't know. It's the reason I can't watch the news or try new things. I fear something bad is happening or going to happen. When I hear of something I don't know about I have an anxiety attack. So my question is what is your fear?

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Living a mundane, pathetic, boring lonely life with no excitement love or laughter.
Truly. That's what scares me.

worrywort

I think my worst fear would be getting rejected and hated on a mass scale in public for some kind of horrible moral failing. I worry about the potential for evil inside of me. I have some horrible thoughts and desires sometimes, and nowadays it seems so easy to offend people. It seems like the world is hungry for blood these days, everybody loves a good witch-hunt. You make one false move and the world will never let you forget it. Nobody seems interested in the truth, in hearing all sides of a story, they just wanna tear you down so that they can feel good about themselves.

Being on the wrong side of this mob is what I fear the most.

elusive

Thanks dannyboy65 for bringing this up. Fear is an interesting topic and I sort of fear the unknown too. I've been realizing lately that one of my biggest fears is actually to succeed. This would almost seem counter-intuitive and how this relates is that for things where I do have uncertainly (in the performance or outcome or etc.), I become anxious, fearful, and even discontent. Sometimes to a point where my mind overwhelms my actions and discourages me from even trying. I believe that over time, this same cycle that plays through my head with many different things and events, just cascades and ends up reinforcing everything that is unknown.

An alternative to this fear is trimming down the outcomes into manageable parts or changing perspective of your goals. The best analogy is like those champion athletes. Of course they feel anxious and want to win during those clutch moments. But in this frame of mind, it is as if they can look past all the pain and emotions, not letting judgement control their actions. Of course this is much easier said than done.

PerseverareJasmine

I'm afraid that I'm losing more and more of whatever spirit I used to have as each day passes, and I fear it might continue as I keep getting older. I'm scared it might get to a point where I don't remember who I am, and I'll end up only going through the motions like some kind of ghost of myself.

Diend

i'm afraid of becoming a social outcast. the only transactions are through money. lack of emotional connection. a lot of the disasters are blown out of proportion. i prefer to feel calm and collected when handling crises.

worrywort

I'm afraid that I'm losing more and more of whatever spirit I used to have as each day passes, and I fear it might continue as I keep getting older. I'm scared it might get to a point where I don't remember who I am, and I'll end up only going through the motions like some kind of ghost of myself.

Yea this scares me an awful lot too

Ending up in a job where the boss is one that bullies their employees.

I have experienced this before and It almost killed me. I am terrified of ending up in that situation again, and not being able to leave because I need the money and it is so hard to get a job were I live.:sad:

So I suppose it is just fearing being bullied as an adult again and not being able to do anything about it.

hidwell

I have experienced this before and It almost killed me. I am terrified of ending up in that situation again, and not being able to leave because I need the money and it is so hard to get a job were I live.:sad:

So I suppose it is just fearing being bullied as an adult again and not being able to do anything about it.

Work places are the worst environment to be bullied in, my apprenticeship had a fair amount of bullying in it, you can count on at least one arsehole in every workplace.

dannyboy65

I had the same issue with my summer job. My boss was power hungry and I would always do the job right, but instead he always wanted me to be faster. When I would do it faster but not as good he would tell me I did it wrong. On top of all that he would give me a day off every two weeks eventually my days off were shifts that were 4 hours long. He also judged people and picked on them behind their backs.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Being bullied again....

Ah losing fear losing who ah um... Ah fear losing that part of masel' that makes me different fae the rest. Ah fear ah'll lose ma individuality, give intae peer pressure and just becoming like everyone.

chibiXphantom

I fear something happening to me that would alter my personality or mind. Things like Alzheimers (my grandmother is in the late stages of it, and I would want someone to kill me if I ever got like that), brain injuries, amnesia, an extremely traumatic event that would plunge me into insanity... things like that. That scares me more than anything else in the world.

Odo

Banned
Public humiliation, fatal infectious disease, global collapse, war (especially nuclear war), global warming, being trapped, slow and painful death, sudden and unexpected death, insanity, loneliness, despair, etc.

Argentum

I think I fear the unknown to an extent, but in particular because I fear not being able to control things if I can't see them ahead of time. That or suddenly losing control of things.

I've just started making a little side income off writing, and I'm often worried that I'll suddenly stop having good descriptive phrases or knowing how to make the paragraphs flow together. I've never had legitimate writer's block, but it could happen.

In classes I always feared having overlooked something, missed an update or an assignment, etc.

I feared talking to doctors, bank tellers, and other such people because I was afraid something major would come up. Someone had stolen my identity and taken all my money, I had a health issue I didn't know about that would change my life, and other such things.

planetweirdo

It would be easier to list the things that I don't fear. But what I fear the most is the future. Not knowing what will happen next.

drganon

Public humiliation, being rejected, verbal and physical confrontations, failing, dying alone,making public speeches, having to talk to people I don't know,and being eaten by sharks to name a few.