What Do Dead People Think

ridicule

Totally off topic and not related to anything social, but I just wanted to get your gears turning a little a bit.

So you, as you are, you know only life as what you are, be it male or female. You can maybe understand what life is like for the other gender, but not completely or close enough to actually being a girl/guy. Also, you only know life as a human, you couldn't imagine life as an insect or dog or whatever. We only know life through what we are.

We only know life, ironically, through being alive and let's entertain the idea of ghosts. Ghosts were once people too, but they no longer live, their experiences as a living person are gone forever. So my question to you is, how would people actually handle dying? It's not as if we know of life without eating, drinking, living, feeling, that sort of thing. If there were ghosts, what do you think they would think?

Discuss.

Thelema

Our brains aren't SO different than a dog's, really. I think we can understand a lot about a dogs' experience.

I think it would depend on the circumstances. What if you were a cancer patient and suddeny you die and you have your body back all healthy? That's probaby a really happy ghost person.

But what if the starving African dies and he's still starving? And starving for what? Ghost food!? But maybe you have no stomach, so you wouldn't need food, but maybe you have a ghost stomach??? I donno

Last edited:

Thelema

Our brains aren't SO different than a dog's, really. I think we can understand a lot about a dogs' experience.

I think it would depend on the circumstances. What if you were a cancer patient and suddeny you die and you have your body back all healthy? That's probaby a really happy ghost person.

But what if the starving African dies and he's still starving? And starving for what? Ghost food!?

Last edited:
I often wonder what my loved ones would say but the the reality is when you're gone you're gone. I believe there is no afterlife and when you die it's game over. Make the most of the life you have.

vexatiousmind

I think ghosts would be miserable. You can't do anything, you don't have a body, so you might not even be able to talk.

You would just wonder around for eternity.

I would rather have no afterlife, than be a ghost.

Apersonalan

I hope I die because I can imagine just how much life would be wayy better as a ghost compared to me now, not that it would be for everyone though, I'm sure for others it would be hell and a downgraded reality from their former real life but for others a purpose to it all.

I don't believe in the afterlife that religions preach but I do believe in ghosts as I have seen one in real life before and I cannot deny that. A ghost has a life just not here. What it thinks would be based on how much it deserves to exist. In a haunted house you usually hear nothing but the lost. You just need to know your place and entity to move on.

ridicule

I don't believe in the afterlife that religions preach but I do believe in ghosts as I have seen one in real life before and I cannot deny that.

This is just a side note but..... is personal affirmation alone enough to prove something true?

I personally don't believe in ghosts, but hell, I would love to be one!:cool:

I think we just go back to the state we were before we were born after we die. Therefore there is no thinking after we die imo.:)

awkwardamanda

I worry that when people I know die, they'll be able to watch me and learn all my secrets. What if they wonder why I kept so many things secret? What if they think I'm weird? I try not to think about it too much but sometimes this kinda bothers me.:confused: