What contributed to your social anxiety?

What contributed to your social anxiety?

• It's fully genetic

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • I wasn't raised right

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • It's partially genetic & due to me not being raised right

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • It's trauma-related

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters
I honestly have no clue... it could be a little of both genetic and environment. I haven't voted because I'm not sure if I really agree with the wording. I don't think I would say "I wasn't raised right" to refer to any and all environmental factors- personally, I think my parents did the best they could in the circumstances. I never had any trauma, but I wouldn't blame my parents for the non-genetic environmental factors that contributed to mine either.

mrb

I honestly have no clue... it could be a little of both genetic and environment. I haven't voted because I'm not sure if I really agree with the wording. I don't think I would say "I wasn't raised right" to refer to any and all environmental factors- personally, I think my parents did the best they could in the circumstances. I never had any trauma, but I wouldn't blame my parents for the non-genetic environmental factors that contributed to mine either.

do you have to use so many long words ::eek:: you know i cant read them :D

dooby-duck

I think it was being ginetically prone and envionmental factors and trauma. So a bit of everything really.

Emily_G

I voted other...I almost voted trama. I stutter, and I wouldn't call it tramatizing...but it definitly contributes to me being shy, avoiding people, etc.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
I suppose it's partially genetic and trauma related. My relatives, all of them, have issues... so it doesn't surprise me if I inherited something. Being raised like a dog didn't help either.

Social_Monstrosity

Traumatic I would assume.

I was perfectly normal until middle school, where I was severely bullied and tormented on a daily basis...and high school was even worse :\

It's partially genetic & due to me not being raised right
I can see it in my mom sometimes... and my parents were way over protective and binded me.. :/

numb embryonic

Bullying. So I voted trauma.

I was normal kid until 15/16, then people would make fun of me (body shape, lack of physical maturity etc) and exclude me. I thought things would turn out o.k but it wasn't to be, the worst bullying came between 17-22 in college and young adulthood. I think I've been "forced" to develop Body Dismorphic Disorder, paranoia and generally getting the signs that people think less of you, so tolerate less too.

Last edited: