What are some of your hobbies?

PhantomPod

Do you still have hobbies that some people in society might say are "childish"? I just think it's a bit funny how if you enjoy video games when you are younger, some people in society think that all of a sudden you are supposed to grow up and get "adult" hobbies like drinking wine or golfing or I don't even know what else they would consider adult hobbies.

I love my "child-like" hobbies. I am 28 years old, but for Christmas this year I got a big Lego set, a puzzle, a video game, and an adult coloring book.

I feel like I am quite happy and content with my life 90% of the time cause my hobbies keep me entertained and they make me happy. It's only every once in a while when I start feeling bad about myself and I wish I had a relationship or I wish I even had just one friend to hang out with. My dog is my only friend though.

Tdog64

I like to watch some cartoons and anime every now and again and I'm 29. Stuff like dragon ball z which I still enjoy a little

slimjim119

I like putting jigsaw puzzles together. It helps clear my head of my problems. I especially started two winters ago when it seemed liked it snowed every day. Being snowed in it was a great diversion.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I like putting jigsaw puzzles together. It helps clear my head of my problems. I especially started two winters ago when it seemed liked it snowed every day. Being snowed in it was a great diversion.

That's sound like a crackin' idea, Jimmy. :thumbup: Huv'nae done a jigsaw puzzle, myself, in ages. But it sounds like a well distraction, and summit to do on those cold, winter days.

dannyboy65

I really enjoy video games. I also love comic books. I think the only "adult hobby" I have is playing musical instruments.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I really enjoy video games. I also love comic books. I think the only "adult hobby" I have is playing musical instruments.

Not trying to underminded ye, or anything. But don't most adult do those things anyway nowadays? Given how popular XBox, PS3/PS4 and graphic novels/comic books are beyond they're typical demo. And if ye huv knack for it ye can start playing a music instrument at any age, just a matter of having a passion for it.

I mean I took an interest in the gee-tar age 10, but never started playing it proper 4 years later.

And my only adult hobby would reading, really. Well, actually huvin a Tommy Tank, but ye can't do both at once. :bigsmile: Sorry, got a wee bit filthy there. :giggle:

Hospital boredom must be bringing back ma weird sense of humour? :sarcastic:

Bronson99

Colbert rules...

Anyway, hobbies? I'm a somewhat geeky, artsy type. I like to draw. But there's definitely nothing childish about any artistic pursuit.

I can understand the stigma with video games, but still, it's become more acceptable lately to play electronic games as an adult.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
gaming, reading, movies and cinema, hiking, travelling and exploring, food exploration (as in finding new places that serve great food) gardening,...

anything that gives me pleasure.

Megaten

Lol heck not just games, I play on the most childish one of them all, the Wii U. I'm surprised the thing didn't come with a pacifier.

PhantomPod

Colbert rules...

Anyway, hobbies? I'm a somewhat geeky, artsy type. I like to draw. But there's definitely nothing childish about any artistic pursuit.

I can understand the stigma with video games, but still, it's become more acceptable lately to play electronic games as an adult.

Colbert is my fave! He's awesome.

That's great that you are an artsy type. I do enjoy doing arts and crafts type projects, like little art projects that I have seen online. But, unfortunately, I am not naturally artistic and I am not good at drawing.

Yeah, that is true, that video games are more popular now with adults, since Xbox and PS4 are popular and games like Call of Duty are hugely popular.