Well isn't that just great

aj

Been spending a while on Facebook looking for anyone from school seven years ago who's still living near me. I remember a few more people who were at least ok. Well there's no point. They've all gone to university and/or moved away. It's really depressing. Seeing some of their photos really hits home how little I've done. I was obviously not quite close enough to anyone to stay in contact after leaving and so I'm basically the same person I was in mid 2003. Frozen in time.

Oh and I found a message in my little notebook which people wrote stuff in on the last day which says, "I've always loved you, but never had the courage to say. Call me [mobile number]." I barely had any contact with her, so I don't know why she'd say that. On the other hand it doesn't look like she was taking the piss. I suppose I never hurried to look at what people wrote because, well, why would I, nobody wanted to know me. I'll never know if she meant it. Damn.

Oh BTW. I know I don't normally reply to you very quickly or sometimes at all. It's only because I can't think of anything positive to say. Sorry. You do help.

Feathers

lol Just call her and ask her how she's been, if she wants to get together for a coffee/tea or something..? If she's interested, she'll be very happy you called, if not, well, at least you'll know where you're at... (And can explore other options...)

Keep it short and upbeat, like you just remembered and sort of keep it casual if you can.. Like old acquaintances reminiscing.. Or just tell her what you told us - that you never opened the notebook till now?! (And did she really mean it or was she joking? :)) You can even ask, 'So, are you happily married now, five kids and a house?' (It may help to exaggerate a bit, to add some humor..)

If she's busy with work and can't make it right now, then ask how about another week/month, or when would be a good time.. If she'll mention husband and kids - just say you wish you called/found notebook earlier or something like that, it will still make her happy... You can even ask her, 'Hey, what did you see in me in the first place?' (might be a nice ego boost?)

Best case you can have tea/coffee together and take it from there?

So in any case, she'll be happy you called and might even go?? :)

aj

You are all so optimistic. So many things would have to fall into place for anything good to happen. I find it very hard to believe it was true anyway. It makes no sense. In fact I never spoke to her in school, like most of the kids there, like I still don't.

Feathers

You are all so optimistic. So many things would have to fall into place for anything good to happen. I find it very hard to believe it was true anyway. It makes no sense. In fact I never spoke to her in school, like most of the kids there, like I still don't.

What's the worst thing that could happen, yeah? ;)

Or maybe you guys could just have a reunion and you call her up if she's going and you can chat a bit and then you see how it goes...?

If you absolutely totally didn't like her, then it's different... Then it's all just a nice little ego boost maybe? :D
And even if it was a joke, why would she write that? Do you think she made a mistake (wanted to write to someone else and mixed up the notebooks?) or would cruelly tease you on purpose? Or could it be a dare or something?
Do you think she's the type that'd laugh in your face or say, 'You horrible man, why did you call?'

And oh I had silent crushes all the time, still do sometimes.. Where you just like someone, you don't have to know them at all.. (Of course it may all be imaginary, or because they remind you of someone, still maybe it's good discovering if they're a nice person underneath it all anyway... ;)) I was usually never so brave as to actually say or write something though... :)

Last edited:

Daz

That's great..a shame at the same time if she has changed her #.

If you get an answer, you just have to say you were looking through your keepsakes from that time and you just noticed the message she left just now and thought u'd give the number a try.

Good luck

aj

There's nothing to lose, it just feels **** when you get knocked back or ignored, yet again. Sent her a message and no answer yet so that's exactly what's happened, surprise surprise.

Out of the blue someone I talked to at the start of the year on OkCupid came back, I asked her if she wanted to meet up and she says she has a boyfriend. Said she is happy to keep talking online which is something I'm fed up with. I want to meet people face to face.

I think I'm on the verge of asking every single person I talk to whether they want a drink with me, like this... I'm not even joking:

Alan Partridge - Currys Phone Call