Weekends

Emma03

Do weekends make anybody depressed? The break is nice, but they also make me sad/anxious.

They're not long enough. Time to recover, time to prepare, not much time and energy to enjoy. Used to have a three day weekend which was just right.

sanitariumcalls

I love weekends, so much in fact that I become withdrawn and moody on Sunday night because I know I have to get up at o'dark-thirty the following morning and go back to class lol

sevenroses

Sometimes it does ::(: When there's a lot of idle time bad thoughts sometimes flow throughout my head. I guess I just have to prevent bad thoughts from entering my head by trying to distract myself with positive things like movies or games or whatnot.

Weekends. Not enough time to nothing at all. Scarcely have time to do something.
Sometimes think, feel should go out. To go I must have a destination. Let's have a seat and think about that.

Sunday, Monday - work. Seriously, need more thinking time.

Emma03

Sometimes it does ::(: When there's a lot of idle time bad thoughts sometimes flow throughout my head. I guess I just have to prevent bad thoughts from entering my head by trying to distract myself with positive things like movies or games or whatnot.

I feel the same way about idle time...I feel like I need to be constantly distracted.

coyote

weekends are when my store is busiest and I have to work

I get a couple days off each week, but they're never together

but i love the break - however brief

Rembrandt Broam

The season is winding down, but I'm sure I'll need help starting next May

We need to start our own SA store. There would be no awkward "Can I help you?"s or staff following you around and making you feel like a potential shoplifter. There would also be a ban on smalltalk at the cash register. ;)

coyote

We need to start our own SA store. There would be no awkward "Can I help you?"s or staff following you around and making you feel like a potential shoplifter. There would also be a ban on smalltalk at the cash register. ;)

we already have all that

No, I love weekends. The only thing about them that depresses me is that they aren't longer.

Took the words right out of my mouth!:) I have always loved weekends:cool:

It's the only 2 days I don't have to feel guilty because I am not out working in a job like everybody else.

When the week ends...

I don't even know when the weekend is anymore. Hard to tell when everyday is exactly the same. I don't see the need to keep track.

Last edited:

sevenroses

Every week isn't always like this but, it's so depressing to say that going back to work tomorrow would probably feel way better than feeling what I felt this weekend.

Richey

you just need a basic plan, rip a sheet of paper out of a notepad and fill in the hours of the day with activities, sort of like your own personal cbt session for the weekend. after breakfast go out and play a sport, basketball, soccer, even if its on your own at a park somewhere, or walk somewhere and get some oxygen therapy. learn an instrument, book it in for 1 hour, go to a cafe/restaurant with a magazine and try out some dishes on the menu. read a book for one hour. see movie, visit a friend. go to the city and check out the shops. travel somewhere. start writing a song or a book. start chipping away at a skill or a hobby.

whatever you do dont waste your weekends. there is little point unless you want to just relax and do nothing.