Wearing Glasses

mikebird

Banned
Never needed to yet

People in my family have. Both parents. Just one of of my nieces

Older brother. Not me or my dead brother

Some friends do.

Any benefit or disadvantage to it.

One best friend who I envy the most was the person with most friends and sleeping with his best girl while we lived the same house and nobody else had any SA, and I couldn't see it about me.

NOW I remember the short-sighted whose eyes look all big when you look at them. Only that housemate I remember. I think if the funny eyes bring empathy? I wonder what difference it makes for anyone. Of course it has nothing to do your personality - it's what you do and say. Makes me think of what this mate was like and how I wish I could have learned from him and been like that. When I left and last time when he had work and marriage and a car a good 2 years before me. I wonder what he thought of me

Flanscho

I got glasses when I was like... I don't know... 26 or 27 or so, because I was somewhat short-sighted. In general, I like glasses. I like my glasses. It took me a long time to decide on the model, but then found one that was neat. And people said that they fit perfectly to me, and can hardly remember me without them. The thickness of the glasses and how they change your eyes... Well, that depends on how much money you're going to hand over. I took a moderately expensive model, and they are very thin.

I think that glasses are another way to express yourself. By choosing a certain style of glasses, you are telling the world more about yourself, without having to talk. They allow you to express a part of yourself easily.

So, I like glasses. I like my glasses, I like glasses on other people. They're interesting and, if well picked, look great.

laure15

I am considering getting glasses instead of contacts. Glasses can give you a pedantic, serious look which is good when you're applying for positions such as engineer and scientist. I have a problem with overactive peripheral vision. I was hoping glasses can hide my insecurities from the outside world.

I think that glasses are another way to express yourself. By choosing a certain style of glasses, you are telling the world more about yourself, without having to talk. They allow you to express a part of yourself easily.

I have sanpaku eyes and a dull non-smiling face, which sometimes work against me. I also don't talk a lot, I'm very quiet around strangers. I hope glasses can do some of the "talking" for me, express a part of me that I want others to see.

And for some reason, I find it easier to approach people who wear glasses vs people who don't. Maybe I associate glasses with geekiness and passiveness (think of the geek who gets bullied by popular kids). Or maybe glasses serve as a "social barrier" between the wearer and the outside world, so people who wear glasses don't come off as too aggressive or "hawkish" (unlike a car salesman). I think it has something to do with "eyes are the windows to your soul" thing.

laure15

This morning I read news that Jenny McCarthy is the new co-host of The View. When they showed a picture of her with glasses and professional attire, I did a double take. Wasn't she a former playboy playmate? She looked more serious to me now than before, maybe it's the glasses.

Phoenixx

I only wear my glasses at home. I really don't like wearing them out in public because I think I look terrible with the pair I have now.

I first started having to wear glasses right towards the end of elementary school and I hated them, so for years up until my freshman year of high school I wouldn't wear them at all. It eventually got to the point where my eyesight was so bad I couldn't even copy notes while sitting in the front of the classroom without everything being a blur and me ending up with headaches throughout the day. I begged my parents for contacts and actually got them, and now that's what I normally wear.

I have been thinking lately though of wearing glasses more in the future, because I think just maybe I might actually look my age with them on than without. (And I am so sick of being mistaken for a high school/middle school student.) But I really would like a new pair -- kinda like what my avatar has. The pair I have now are getting a little old and the frame is already scratched and crooked.

coyote

i first got glasses when i was about 13

i wore contacts for many years as an adult

had to go back to glasses again a couple of years ago due to the whole bifocal thing

i think it does affect how others see you - but more so if you allow it to affect how you see yourself

oh, and girls wearing glasses are sexy

Steelsoul

When i was a kid, i used to play video games, surf the net, watch TV, so i have to wear glasses very soon. More than half of my classmates wore glasses, too. And i don't think glassess make us nerdy or geeky, if we choose the right ones. And it show the world a bit of our personality. But the disadvantage is if you wear it all the times, others will not recognize you when you take it off

Odo

Banned
I've had them since I was 8… I could have made the switch to contacts and I have worn contacts before but to be honest I really like them… they've never really made me insecure or anything, and they're easier to deal with. The only thing that's annoying is I need a special pair of sunglasses instead of just normal ones.

But yeah, I think they look good and I think ever since the black plastic ones took off they've been cool anyways.