Waves of intense Depression

NickyNacker

I've been noticing I get these horrible waves of depression and I'm wondering if this is just how Depression works or what... does anyone else with depression get this..

I'll feel ok for most of the day (not really happy, I mean I always have a certain level of depression with me) but then there will be a random moment where I just start to feel really miserable. It's this intense feeling of doom/depression that just takes over me out of nowhere and I feel completely hopeless and have horrible thoughts even suicidal ones. It's kind of like a panic attack but with depression. Not really panic, but similar. I would never commit suicide, but it's such a miserable feeling all over me that I do get the thoughts. I don't know, this just seems odd to me. This happens about once a day.. I ride it out and, just like a panic attack, it passes and I feel like a completely differnet person afterwards...

Anyone else get this?

Sprunk

you're not alone. depression waves never seam to leave. i'm usually having those when it's dark, curtain thought or emotions trigger it and darkness seams to make the effect more dramatic :p

Yeah im the same.Usually before i go to sleep.That is when i have time to think about all the things that could go wrong::(:

NickyNacker

I´ve been having this most life and am at it's worst now. It's just how you describe it with the difference it doesn't go away easily, I've always been depressed to some extent - some days are passable but I'm never really happy. I am also not sure I wouldn't commit suicide.. the only thing is I don't know what's on the other side and what if it's worse than here, or what if I come to hell for killing myself or something like that.

This is exactly what I think when it comes to suicide. Sometimes I feel like I would do it if I wasn't so scared of what's on the other side. And I don't want to leave my family and friends.

lunarla

Yes. I feel like fleeing. Like crawling out of my skin. Sometimes the looming low mood can eventually make me have a panic attack about it all.

Phoenixx

I get waves of depression too, but mine are a little different. Mine don't really happen right out of the blue during the day. For me, I start out feeling okay for the rest of the day, then I get either a little depressed about something or I'm just slightly stressed, but then once the next day comes, I'm completely depressed. And these period can lasts from 3 days to up to 2 weeks for me.

Kiwong

Yes my depression comes in waves. Certain people and situations can trigger these feelings of despair and hopelessness

deadend

I've been going through my own waves (if I can even call it that) of rather severe depression lately. On a few occasions over the past few weeks, I've been on the verge of breaking down. Intense stuff.

It's bad enough that I made an appointment to the doc (this Friday). If it's getting to the point where you can't function, I'd suggest doing the same.