Warning: Don't write a post or PM over a long time period!!!

Please sticky this so it doesn't happen to other people.

I leave my computer on and browser open, and was working on a kind of large PM over the last few days, but when I clicked preview before submitting it, the board complained something about having logged in again, and when I hit back, the whole thing was gone! :eek:

I know, I should have copied it to the clipboard before I hit preview. Ugh!

Raw Fish

I always just copy and paste the message before I hit review, even though I'm sure it will work anyways. I don't know if this needs to be a sticky or anything, you should just keep it copied if there is a chance of losing it!

Sacrament

Common knowledge. It's happened to me before and it's always a good idea to copy-paste if it's a long post or PM.

Or save it in a text file.

Ashiene

some forums auto-save typed messages (but not yet sent) every 5 seconds so even if the page is refreshed or the internet browser shuts down, you can still continue writing and it wont be gone. sadly this forum doesnt :(

Common knowledge. It's happened to me before and it's always a good idea to copy-paste if it's a long post or PM.

Or save it in a text file.

I know, I'm so dumb. I often do copy the text, but this time I was lazy, or just tired from writing so much. On some sites if a post fails and you hit back the text will still be there. But, I guess not with this situation.

some forums auto-save typed messages (but not yet sent) every 5 seconds so even if the page is refreshed or the internet browser shuts down, you can still continue writing and it wont be gone. sadly this forum doesnt :(

Yeah Gmail does that really well. :)

Ashiene

what i do is to type in notepad first, then copy and paste into forum textbox and click reply.