Vivid Dreams??

sidney

Cus of my SP and anxiety attacks i dont talk much to people about my feelings or express myself too well e.g i dont draw or paint etc i think it builds up and cums out in my dreams. I have a dream 5 outta 7 days a week and always remember them the next day,they're often vivid and long compared to my friends who NEVER seem to dream, some cant even remember one dream they had
Does this happen to most people with SP maybe cus we dont talk about it or is it just me :?

cobalt_bluester

I don't tend to have many vivid dream although I do certainly suffer from SP as this has been diagnosed by my doctor and counsellor. Perhaps it would be a great idea for you to take some of your angst out on paper in the form of some artwork. I have been thinking about doing this myself, and feel this could be a great way of realising at least some of the tension I have.

xSleepy

i do remember some of my dreams, but not all of them. just the other night i had like 5 different dreams and i rememberd them all. but other times i cant remember a thing
but i remember someone telling me that dreams only last 15 minutes each. so when you wake up and you remember a dream you had it was probably only a 15 minute one. even though some of my dreams seemed like they lasted the whole 9 hours i slept. but that might not be true, i dont remember where i heard it from.
and im not sure if remembering your dreams has anything to do with social phobia. it might, but i dont know

Starry

It's not just you, I remember lots of my dreams too... In fact I remember about 95% of them... It's odd if I can't remember the dreams I have lol. I still remember dreams I had from when I was a young child of 3 or 4. I don't know if it's related to SP at all though.

of_darkness

It's not just me too then!!

I not only remember them WELL "short time" ,

but recently I just remembered ALLL of the vivid dreams I've had over the years....I drew them all, they all seem to be heavily location based thoght I don't know where. Just that they had various locations, not random dreamy randomness. As soon as I started drawing one the next came back, and I got about 20 images done! Seriously crazy, I remember them all now. Every now and then I remember another.. I'm 100% certain they're dreams I've had over the years, i know i remember remembering them when I originally had them

Can anyone relate to suddenly rememering a whole bunch after years? It's creepy

Actually I 'suffer' from pretty strong Deja-vu's too, noone else seems to ever mention them...i've had at least 20 this year, and they can last for up to 5 seconds If you know what I mean. Just "ooh I'm having a deja-vu i'm havin a dej...aww, back to normal..."

thequietone

i dont talk much to people about my feelings or express myself too well e.g i dont draw or paint etc i think it builds up and cums out in my dreams.

I think your theory is correct, sidney. I do draw and paint and write--I think if I didn't I might lose it, and anyway I'm studying art. But a couple years ago, when I was in a really dark place, I had the most vivid and disturbing dreams each week--I started to write them down. And I think it's because of what you said--there's too much emotion building up inside of us and we can't possibly express it all. When you don't talk about your problems or share what you're feeling, I believe it does come out in your dreams.

sidney

Hehe well its good to know that its not my brains way of telling me im insane :D cus mine have been some really weird and vivid ones but i very rarely speak about what im feeling so i suppose until i do the dreams shall be expected :) thanks everyone!

thequietone

ModernDaySuperman said:
I have dreams all the time, trouble is I can never remember them taht much, but the ones I do remember are such a tease, they are usually about me just going to college or somewhre one day and meeting a nice girl who i immediatley click with, if only =(

:) ...I remember having dreams of me talking casually--confidently!--to a guy I liked, no anxiety whatsoever, I was just chatting with no effort. Amazing, how cool and confident my dream self could be! I'd wake up and think, shit, too bad that wasn't real... :lol:

PhantomPod

That's an interesting theory.

I have very vivid dreams and I almost always remember them the next day. I have a journal/notebook that I write them down in.