Very Little Sweating At Night?

Hyperhidrosis affects my hands, feet, and under arms, although I'm mostly bothered by the hand sweating. But I've noticed that at night, a couple hours before I go to bed - even if I'm wearing a sweater and it's quite warm in my room - my hands will be relatively warm and dry.

(Of course, once I start thinking about them, they'll sweat a bit. But nothing like the way they do during the day.)

I know that hyperhidrosis can be triggered by stress/anxiety, and so people are going to tell me that the reason I'm dry at night is because I'm relaxed and it's "all in my head." But there are times during the day where I'm sitting at home, completely at ease, listening to music, and my hands are still clammy and dripping with sweat. Even when I'm not stressed at all.

So why is it that the sweating eases up so much at night? Does anyone else experience this similar phenomenon? It's the strangest thing. I'd kill for my hands to be like this when I'm in class in the morning!

jaim38

So why is it that the sweating eases up so much at night? Does anyone else experience this similar phenomenon? It's the strangest thing. I'd kill for my hands to be like this when I'm in class in the morning!

It's probably because the temperatures are much cooler at night. There could be as much as a 20 degree difference between night and day.

This probably applies only to me: after I shower, I try not to move a lot otherwise I will sweat and have to shower again. After I shower, my body feels much cooler so it takes a while for it to heat up.

Sprawling

It has little to do with hot and cold. Usually our bodies slow down at night. HH is causally attributed to an overactive nervous system. In most cases we just slow down at night. There is little one can do to control the actions of our internal functioning such as our heart rate etc. Most of us are not disciplined nor capable of controlling the actions of our central nervous system.

Englishman

To be honest, most days I wake up with sweaty hands and feet. However, I wouldn't know how much I sweat when I'm asleep because I'm well... asleep. If I was to find out I'd have to ask somebody to check the moistness of my palms whilst I was sleeping.

I often wake up with sweaty hands and feet, too. But right as I'm falling asleep, my hands are bone dry! I guess it must just be a matter of our bodies slowing down at night. What a mysterious little disease this is.

aries86

I experience this same thing but not always. Some nights my hands will be dry, other nights I will have trouble getting to sleep because my hands and/or feet are so sweaty. I also don't get this. It seems that if I'm in a relaxed state at night and not sweating that it would also happen at other times during the day when I'm relaxed. I think that is the worst thing about this annoying disorder is that you just never know when your going to sweat and how much, but you know it will be there even if your not thinking about it.

Sprawling

I experience this same thing but not always. Some nights my hands will be dry, other nights I will have trouble getting to sleep because my hands and/or feet are so sweaty. I also don't get this. It seems that if I'm in a relaxed state at night and not sweating that it would also happen at other times during the day when I'm relaxed. I think that is the worst thing about this annoying disorder is that you just never know when your going to sweat and how much, but you know it will be there even if your not thinking about it.

Well said.:perfect:

As far as I can tell my hands don't sweat at all at night. Usually my first thought upon waking up is; my hands are dry. A second later of course, they aren't. I'd say it's the same for feet.

Depending on the heat though I do sometimes sweat a lot in general whilst sleeping, but all over.

foulbeast

same here. dry as **** during the night (even if its hot summer) and when iam waking up i can feel my nervs tingleling and triggering my sweat glands. on my hand and then on my legs like a nuclear chain reaction.
when iam in luck and totaly relaxed and meditated, i might be dry... in that case i try to avoid brushing my teeth\washing my face\any water interaction that could trigger the foul beast.