Valentine's Day doesn't have to be depressing and miserable!

Emily_G

For me Valentine's is more a family day than romantic. That might be sad but I get stuff from and for my mom and such. Chocolate roses etc.

It might be different someday but I love my family so it can be like this for now.

Aww that's sweet.

I think maybe if my dad would have gotten me flowers on Valentine's Day growing up I wouldn't have cared so much that I never got them from a boy. I may have still cared, but probably not as much.

Tiercel

In high school I walked to a florist, got some roses for a girl I liked, then delivered them to her house. As soon as I got home I checked my email and learned about her new boyfriend from a mutual friend. So I guess that light rain I was walking in was strangely appropriate.

After that I've pretty much given up any hopes of celebrating on February 14th. And Mom always seems to give me something then, despite my telling her repeatedly that it only makes me feel worse than I do already.

This year I'll probably cuddle up with some of my favorite guitar tones, some french fries and chocolate, and Type O Negative's "The Dream is Dead." It's really quite appropriate for Valentine's Day, and quite a shame that it's not on YouTube.

Hence, no link shall be forced under your cursor.

:D

Lorraine Manca

you folks can always celebrate my birthday instead, its four days after. i always get discount valentine candy for my birthday, and slightly wilted roses if im lucky