used to have online friends

JRT

I was just thinking back to when i 1st had the internet and it was all new ( about 10 yrs ago)

It was so good to chat to people online and i made loads of online friends and i even met up with a few of them. It was exciting.

But now i don't even have one online friend ::(: someone to chat with ,is anyone else the same?? I don't know what happened. I found it so easy to make online friends now it feels so hard. I guess maybe the motivation?

I miss having someone to make me smile ( i mean in a friends way not romanticly) has this happened to anyone else ?i dunno..... has the internet changed?

=/

Section_31

I used to have tons, but my thing is i just never stay on my PC enough anymore to have time for it. When i AM on i want t be left alone so i can game, as i dont get much time for myself anymore.

I wouldnt say the internet has changed per se, i think its more like ppl have gotten busier.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
I used to chat with a lot of friends, but later I just chose to talk to really close ones, the ones I trust the most. I stopped talking to the others because they didn't really act like friends at all, they hurt me over and over and were stressful to be with :/

Chess

The Internet is the same as it ever was, maybe even better because of the diversity and the availability of free voice and video chat. More people use the Internet than ten years ago, too, and I'm pretty sure they also use it more.

Different forums have different crowds, though. On some of them you might meet a dozen people you enjoy talking to, while others have nothing but tumbleweeds for you. You might feel like you have a lot to say to one, while on another it's all old news or uninteresting. Others might have a community you fit into and enjoy contributing to, while others make you feel like an outcast and are only good for killing time.

laure15

I used to have internet pen pals whom I exchange frequent emails with. Some of them live in other countries. But somehow, we stopped exchanging emails and drifted apart.

razzle dazzle rose

The internet has changed. There is so much more that can be done online, and it all competes for my attention. I used to be a big chatter. Not so much these days.