Unsatisfied emotional needs and dreams

Steppen-Wolf

Last night I had a dream that could be described as a classic manifestation of some subconscious unsatisfied emotional needs.

The feeling was amazing, even "healing" in a certain way, but it's also matched by the great dissapointment that you feel once you understand that is nothing but a dream and that you're about to awake.

Still, I think it's amazing that our minds have the ability to do something like that. I'm feeling lonely and abandoned lately and there isn't much I can do about it in real life. So my mind decided to throw me a bone and allow to feel loved and appreciated even if it's just in a dream world.

In some bizarre way it makes me feel like I'm not totally alone.

In any case, has anyone else had experience with this sort of dreams?, how do you feel about them?

gustavofring

Yeah I do.

Occasionaly I have dreams in which my social life is flourishing, I have a nice life and I'm still in touch with people I used to know. It's like it's a second life. Waking up is so disappointing, but sometimes it can give you a warm feeling.

I've had those dreams. That sensation of feeling loved, of not feeling restrained and being completely comfortable around another person it's a wonderful thing. I don't understand where does my brain get this from if I've never really experienced this, but I hope once it happens for real it's the same of even better than in those (very rare) dreams, otherwise I may end up disappointed.

coyote

about 10 or 11 years into my first marriage i had a very intensely real dream in which i was in a relationship with another woman. the love i felt for her was amazing - something i had never experienced. when i began to wake and realized the dream was ending, it felt as though my heart was breaking. i awoke in tears.

i knew then what had been missing in my life, and my marriage ended soon after that