two weeks notice

riley

i m going to give in my two weeks notice on Monday to my boss, but i am unsure of how i should do it, i am owkring form 9 to 3 and he comes in at 12 should i try to give the two week notice to him in person, even though Mondays are our busiest days or should i call him after i get out of work and give in my two weeks notice or i was thinking i could just leave him a note on his desk or i could text him
what should i do?

Rembrandt Broam

Hand it to him in person. It is the courteous thing to do. After all, if the shoe were on the other foot would you rather be told in person, or receive a text message saying "u r fired"?

riley

what do you mean your saying i should write up i note saying i am giving him my two week notice and hand it to him in person?

LazyHermitCrab

send a formal email and then in real life say i appreaciated working here and put chocolate cherries on their desk or something edible lol.... not a text message :/

Last edited:

3lefts

I do it in person at the end of my shift. Does take long you just have to give it to them.

riley

why would it look bad if i just called him after work a maybe a few hours after my shift ended?

Daz

Do it in person at the end of your shift. Let him know beforehand that you want to have a word with him at the end of the day. You should also put it in writing. Most employers suggest this.

UnOccupied

Best thing is to try to talk to him. Face to face communication always works best, even though thats our biggest problem.

JamesSmith

what do you mean your saying i should write up i note saying i am giving him my two week notice and hand it to him in person?

YES! Think about it, why would you send them some message or email like you are in a different country and don't know them? It's a respect thing. They gave you the job, so you owe them a PERSONAL face-to-face exit. They were nice enough to give you this job, you owe them a friendly leave.

Kingdave

when you go on lunch break or somethin or when you get the time, just hand it to him. and if a convo starts afterward just talk it out.