Trying to become a better person.

AGR

So I finally decided to make this thread after a long time thinking about,I dont really like to be in the spotlight or be noticed,but making this thread about me could help me at least to tolerate better,it will be about my life in general and my neverending struggle to become a better person,I feel that this site is a great place to vent and so here will be the marjority of my posts about this,my life isnt as exciting as some here,so I dont expect a lot of people reading,but its ok.
I have a few goals in mind:

Become proficient in japanese;
Become proficient in english;
eventually take the japanese proficiency test which are divided in
5 as you go towards the 1 it gets increasingly harder;
eventually take an english proficiency test;

make real life native japanese friend,even though I live in japan I find this hard,most japanese dont mix with foreigners from South america in day to day life;

make real life native english speaker friend;

This may look easy for some but its not to me,thats it for now....

MikeyC

You've vented a few times about your frustrations about living in Japan. Have you considered moving away from there?

I've heard that Japanese is one of the most difficult languages to learn. It'll be a great accomplishment when you are bi-lingual.

AGR

That's great. Good luck in reaching your goals.

Thanks.

You've vented a few times about your frustrations about living in Japan. Have you considered moving away from there?
Yes,this thread will be about this too,I am undecided right now,practically all my close cousins,aunts,my father and relatives are going back to brazil next year,which will leave me here alone,I will only have a distant cousin living two states up.

I want to be here a little more I could do thoses tests in Brazil,it is possible,but here I have more stability and is a better environment to learn japanese,we will see....

I've heard that Japanese is one of the most difficult languages to learn. It'll be a great accomplishment when you are bi-lingual.
Yeah,at the intermediate level it gets really hard.....

AGR

So a couple weeks ago people in my work were showing me pics of a girl and trying to set me up with her,I hate that,so they ended up sending my picture to her,it all happened so fast that I couldnt really do anything about it,it was hard to say no,so later I find out she is 16 years old,I am 26,it just doesnt feel right,it feels like I would be taking advange of her,also someone who is 16 years old didnt even start their life yet,so they got it that I wasnt interested and that was that....

So a lady who is her aunt comes up to me again today and says she likes me and wants to get to know me,funny I thought my pic was shit I was smiling forcibly( I didnt actually see the pic),she basically leaves me trapped in a corner,I dont want to be rude,but I hate people trying to set me up and she is too young,how can I turn her down?

In this world if you are a guy its almost impossible to turn down a good looking girl peacefully I know it happens to girls too,but if you are a guy and are not interested you are automatically gay,have a small penis,are a wanker or weirdo.....to them a guy who wants to be alone just doesnt exist,I have been struggling with this my entire teens/adult life.

tonicobastos

I think you could take the english proficiency test right away. In 2010 I took toefl and the proficiency test of the Fisk institution and got really high scores in both of them, it seems that we have the same level of english so you should be fine.
Coming back to Brazil could be good for your social life but, as you said, Japan offers more stability. You could wait until the economy stabilizes but it may take forever.
Just my two cents, I hope it helps.

AGR

I have been lifting weights since I was around 16 years old,on and off,I look deceptively strong,I like it a lot,it made me as strong as people much bigger than me,also dont listen to what people say,when I was doing boxing I had one of the strongest punches at my gym,it was obviously to me that it was because of lifting wieghts,but I wasnt as agile as some guys.

But it also takes a lot of time,it is good if its your only hobby or if you have time,you will also be sore for the whole week,so I decided to stop,from now on I will focus more on bodyweight exercises,a simple routine like,pull ups,push up,sit up,squats,running and jumping rope,you can control what your body can take better with just your bodyweight,I am also thinking about going back to my boxing gym,but havent decided yet.

AGR

A few updates so a guy who works with me started training in a mma gym in the other state,it takes some 40 or 50 minutes to get there,he invited me,still thinking about it,the boxing gym I used to go to is like 5 minutes from my house,it looks legit,plus an American guy is the head coach,which means that I could get to practice english in real life,the cons are that there seems to be only really legit pro fighters and ex pro fighters there,one of the coaches is a guy who even fought at k1 max and is famous in the kickboxing scene so me who wants to only get in shape and have fun would be out of place,guys there are really big too lol,the guy who works with me is pretty big,people used to call him Frankenstein because of it,yet among those guys he is average smallish,I would be a midget haha.

Also recently a girl started liking me at work,she is really hot,with a face that spells trouble,it's nice to look at,but to tell the truth I am not attracted,I would rather be with someone like me,or a more introverted girl who isn't intimidating.

I am making progress with Japanese,not studying as much as I should,But I can read a lot of stuff that Icouldnt before.

Last edited:

AGR

So today I went to the hospital alone,I know it may not seem much to some people,but you become really helpless when you move to a country where the writing is so hard and you can only speak a little of the language,I dont go often to hospitals and when I did I hired a translator,without talking about getting anxious,so today was a big step to me.

I want to talk a bit about work too,it seems like the bosses of my company wont hire South Americans anymore,because the only performance that are good are mine and some other guy,its the rumor I heard,I wouldnt blame them
SOME people really makes us look bad,but if this true it will be even harder to find friends near me,this also brings me to another thing which could be controversial but I will post anyway Japan is not so advanced as some may think they have a lot of backward thinking,thinking you dont find anymore in western countries(and I include South America and Central America too,people act like we arent on the western hemisphere,but we are),there is also a lot of stealing,sure there arent hold ups using guns,but here people dont operate like that,they try to screw you over your rights and money thats how it works here,sometimes over so little that it doesnt make any sense to even try it.......

AGR

I think I have decided,I want to try out Judo,I have Always wanted to do gracie jiu jitsu or judô,jiu-jitsu is a bit expensive,but what put me off are the times,all of the times that you can practice are hard on my schedule,cut off my sleeping time and etc,I work two shifts,dont know how to explain in english,but one week I work the day shift and the other I work the night shift,the judô time fits nicely there,only 2 minutes from my house,its dirty cheap too,I will try it out to see if I like,in fact its so cheap that if I like and get used to it,I am still interested in practicing either boxing or karate,we will see.

It looks like a nice place to meet and/or talk with japanese people,but I am already getting a lot of butterflies about going there....

I am also feeling really lonely,its funny because I am getting some decent attention from girls,I really want to meet a nice person,right now there are two options there is an older japanese girl where I study,she is very cute/hot,but I dont know,sometimes she seems silly,there is a meeting with the people from the school to celebrate chrismas next month on the 18th,dont know if I will go,maybe she could be there.

There is also this superhot bolivian girl there too,but I think she may be married dont know.

anyway outside of this I have no idea how to meet girls right now.

MikeyC

I think I have decided,I want to try out Judo,I have Always wanted to do gracie jiu jitsu or judô,jiu-jitsu is a bit expensive,but what put me off are the times,all of the times that you can practice are hard on my schedule,cut off my sleeping time and etc,I work two shifts,dont know how to explain in english,but one week I work the day shift and the other I work the night shift,the judô time fits nicely there,only 2 minutes from my house,its dirty cheap too,I will try it out to see if I like,in fact its so cheap that if I like and get used to it,I am still interested in practicing either boxing or karate,we will see.
Do it! Dirt cheap and close to your home? A winning combination. Do it! Do it do it do it do it do it! :D

I am also feeling really lonely,its funny because I am getting some decent attention from girls,I really want to meet a nice person,right now there are two options there is an older japanese girl where I study,she is very cute/hot,but I dont know,sometimes she seems silly,there is a meeting with the people from the school to celebrate chrismas next month on the 18th,dont know if I will go,maybe she could be there.

There is also this superhot bolivian girl there too,but I think she may be married dont know.
I think you should try and go on a date with that Japanese girl. She may seem "silly," which I assume is immature somewhat, but you don't know unless you try to get to know her. If she's interested in you, go on a date.

If the Bolivian girl is married, stop pursuing. Otherwise, date her, too!

Two options. That's awesome. :thumbup: