Truancy Skipping 60+ school days

Truancy officer came by today after school and gave my mom a letter. Next time i'm absent i'll have to go to court,and my mom claims she isn't paying the fine. I'll try hard to go to all my classes even though i might seem like the new kid all over again. My head is going to be ticking like crazy, i'll be shaking etc. All eyes will be on me since i've skipped a sh*t load. Idk if i'll be able to do it, hopefully I am. If I skip again tomorrow I might do something that I shouldn't do.

I might even try and go to in school suspension on purpose but even those kids talk and i'm still the quietest kid in there even though nobody should be talking. The teachers talk with them so I feel even worse. I'm tired of life, id rather just die now and let my spirit escape so I can be f*cking free in the "afterlife". I really don't give 2 f*cks about how anyone would feel. Hopefully I see my dad somewhere when I die or my dog. ;) =] ;)

I don't really have a religion even though I pray to jesus. I don't go to church anymore.
ANYWAYS any advice? Or anything??????????????????????????

Feathers

hun,

some guys who have been 'truant' may be seen as 'COOL' or 'rebel' so just try to play it cool, right?
maybe some of your classmates will ADMIRE you?? (though it's not really something to admire, and I don't encourage it, what happened happened, right?)

Watch 'Ten Things I hate about You' - Heath Ledger pretty cool there, even in detention??!!

Your dad (&Jesus) will be disappopinted with you if you come knockin' on heaven's gate for being truant?? no??
Parents want their kids to do well in life!! (even if sometimes they don't get it together themselves!!)
and Jesus would want you to do well too!!
pretty sure your dog can wait a few more decades for you too!! (there must be bunnies to chase in dog heaven, right??)

If you ever intend to rap or do music, eyes will be on you then anyway, so it's better to learn it now??

YOU CAN SURVIVE THIS TOO!!

Other kids will be focusing on learning (or should be!) and will be preoccupied with own problems!!
Even if you don't talk in class you can still LEARN!! (And some of it can be useful, even for writing rap songs!! Or maths to do good biz - even Rolling Stones got scammed at first cause they didn't do the maths and trusted their manager/record company!! You need to be informed and be able to do maths to do biz well!! KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!!)

(You can rap about world history or geography etc too, some of it can be pretty funny, some videos on YouTube!!)

We had a classmate or a few who were truant and nobody thought it a 'big deal' so RELAX and try to take it easy!!
It can be horrible, school can be that way - just remember there will be HOLIDAYS soon!! Just a few more months and then FREEDOM!!

BE STRONG!!

WeirdyMcGee

Are you skipping school because you just don't care to go, you're uninterested or because you're scared to be around people?
Perhaps I've missed something...

I missed over 200 days of school and never had to go to court; but that was in highschool in Canada. It was dealt with through the school system.
I spoke with counselors who spoke with my doctors because I was agoraphobic.

Do you talk to a counselor at all about your suicidal thoughts?
What grade are you in?

The Observer

If I may ask, What are you doing to try get help with your problems aside from the using this forum? Are you on "meds"? do you see a therapist? do you talk with people about your problems? To many people come to fourms like this and just vent, which is fine but doesn't really make much progress in terms of recovery.

Nyxy

Have your mother or yourself talk to the school guidance counselor, especially if you have severe social anxiety, and maybe get documentation of having that condition by seeing a therapist. I was in a similar situation during my second year of high school, where I ended up missing out on a good majority of the year from a combination of severe social anxiety and agoraphobia. After a number of conversations between my mother, counselor, and therapist, I was granted a purge of the grades obtained for that year from my academic record and the ability to repeat that year again, to show that I can work on my condition and improve.

Last edited: