Treebones..Journal

TreeBones

I'm not sure how things work there but down here if you don't get a diploma or a g.e.d. you can't get a drivers license. Just something to think about. I'm not trying to beat a dead horse, so to speak, but i want to see you succeed is all.

Really ? I didn't know that. The same doesn't apply here (thank goodness) but I know I will at least get a GED. As long as I'm out of the house and supporting myself before I'm 24, I'll be fine with that. I really have no problem getting a bum job, even though it seems shameful especially compared to my successful siblings but I don't have high expectations for myself anymore. I'll have to get my GED if not my diploma anyway because not even McDonald's would hire a high school drop out these days.

Really ? I didn't know that. The same doesn't apply here (thank goodness) but I know I will at least get a GED. As long as I'm out of the house and supporting myself before I'm 24, I'll be fine with that. I really have no problem getting a bum job, even though it seems shameful especially compared to my successful siblings but I don't have high expectations for myself anymore. I'll have to get my GED if not my diploma anyway because not even McDonald's would hire a high school drop out these days.

Just don't sell yourself short. You're just as smart as everybody else but you just don't do good with school. Don't forget that.

TreeBones

I feel like a completely horrible person right now. .

My aunt Jenny, whom I haven't seen in about 7 or 8 years came to visit for a month because my grandma has cancer and it's been getting progressively worse. She's staying with my other aunt and they (grams included) visit a lot now, when they come over. I just stay in my room and avoid them even though I haven't seen my aunt in such a long time. (with the exception of watching the Lego movie with my her, my brother, and his friend about a week ago)

I have this thing with extended family.. I don't quite know what it is but I'm kind of resentful towards them. They were never there and now they want to visit and talk. I feel like they're forcing themselves on me and that they think we should feel close immediately. I dislike everyone in my distant family on both my mom and dad's side, and the only time I told any of them I loved them, and meant it was my grandpa on his death bed. I secretly wish I knew and could be loved by every single one of them.

The other night when they came to visit, after the "kids", I guess you could say, (my cousin, brothers, and sister) went downstairs to play video games and it was just my mom and my aunt talking.

I was in my room pretending to be asleep staring at the ceiling when I heard my name, so I started to try to hear what they were saying, I heard my aunt say "she won't talk to me" and something else after that about me being super depressive. Then I heard my mom say " I had to go through hardship, I overcame so does she, she needs to stop being whatever she is and overcome" Then my aunt said "But you didn't over come, look at you." and then she went on to say my mom's a bad role model and I need to be "fixed" and I'm not like I was when I was little, .. and my mom said she needed to fix herself first ... and blah. blah. blah..

I usually don't pay attention to this kind of stuff but it really did hurt my feelings that my aunt would say that I'm super depressive because I didn't think it was obvious to anyone and it's embarrassing if it is...and I'm not really depressed depressed. There's different levels of depression and I'm not on like ultimate sadness or anything. Also, my mom might of had a bad home life but her social life was great, she was literally prom queen. All my mom cares about now a days is getting laid.. seriously,.. she's been telling me everyday for the past two weeks that she hasn't had sex in 2 years... I'm like what do want me to do? Do I look like I have a penis?

My aunt came over again today, unexpectedly (I hate it when people do that) and I was in the living room practicing guitar and she asked me if I was mad at her.. I said "no"... then she said "oh ok good because I thought I might of said something to offend you or something"... I said "no".. and then just left.

I feel horrible, especially because my aunt Jenny is really nice and she's is a lot like me so I don't want to make her feel like she did something wrong for my being so rude to her.

On the other hand I still don't want to talk to her because I'm ashamed and embarrassed of how I've been living these past few years.. what could I possibly say that could have anything of even the smallest importance.

One of my biggest problems is that I'd rather come off as being rude instead of being anxious and pathetic. I don't want to have that kind of reputation for myself and I certainly don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. I think I'm going to try therapy again. The longer I isolate myself the worse it gets.

TreeBones

So today I forced myself to stop avoiding and I talked to my aunt. My brother told me that she thinks I hate her, and I really couldn't stand it anymore. She is just how I remember her, she's intellectual, kind, and has a lot of the same morals and opinions as I do. She writes poetry and even has her own book on amazon, I haven't read it yet but I look forward to.

Also my dad gave me a bunch of money for clothes so today I went...ugh, shopping.. I hate shopping. I feel like people are staring at me and I also get really self conscious and I don't feel like I look "normal". I can't go alone so of course my mom came along with me. She likes to yell from the other end of the store and show me things to try on that I absolutely would never wear..and then calls me a dike afterwards.. (not in a bad way) (that word use to hurt my feelings but it really has no meaning to me now so it was funny) ... but still really embarrassing... there were other kids there with their parents and I feel this strange comradery with them when their parents embarrass them. There was a girl about my age and her mom (I'm pretty sure it was her mom, even though she was covered in piercings and wore a band t-shirt) picked something up in hot topic and yelled, "this could be a DEATH weapon!" and did this shivving motion, the girl just looked at me and we both smiled, it really was hilarious. Later when we were in another store this girl working there dropped a pile of shirts from those pyramid of clothes things and I helped her pick it up she did the usual "oh, it's ok you don't have to do that" and without thinking I just said " ahh it's okay I'd feel like a **** if I just stepped over you" we laughed and then later she gave me a student discount without me showing her an id. I wanted tell her I wasn't a student but then she'd ask me why and I don't have a ready response for that so I just said to myself ."alright, cool". I surprised myself today because I didn't know I could speak without hesitating. All in all, just a good day.

Tomorrow my other sister and brother are coming here and everyone is going to breakfast, then the art museum, and then the vetrans museum. I'm kind of on my brother's **** list, I haven't seen him in a while but hopefully I'll be off of it by the end of the day. I'm going to stay at my dad's for a few days and I can not stand driving with my grumpy brother for 3 hours, it's like riding with the grinch or that one grumpy care bear ... something of that nature.

Last edited:
So today I forced myself to stop avoiding and I talked to my aunt. My brother told me that she thinks I hate her, and I really couldn't stand it anymore. She is just how I remember her, she's intellectual, kind, and has a lot of the same morals and opinions as I do. She writes poetry and even has her own book on amazon, I haven't read it yet but I look forward to.

Also my dad gave me a bunch of money for clothes so today I went...ugh, shopping.. I hate shopping. I feel like people are staring at me and I also get really self conscious and I don't feel like I look "normal". I can't go alone so of course my mom came along with me. She likes to yell from the other end of the store and show me things to try on that I absolutely would never wear..and then calls me a dike afterwards.. (not in a bad way) (that word use to hurt my feelings but it really has no meaning to me now so it was funny) ... but still really embarrassing... there were other kids there with their parents and I feel this strange comradery with them when their parents embarrass them. There was a girl about my age and her mom (I'm pretty sure it was her mom, even though she was covered in piercings and wore a band t-shirt) picked something up in hot topic and yelled, "this could be a DEATH weapon!" and did this shivving motion, the girl just looked at me and we both smiled, it really was hilarious. Later when we were in another store this girl working there dropped a pile of shirts from those pyramid of clothes things and I helped her pick it up she did the usual "oh, it's ok you don't have to do that" and without thinking I just said " ahh it's okay I'd feel like a **** if I just stepped over you" we laughed and then later she gave me a student discount without me showing her an id. I wanted tell her I wasn't a student but then she'd ask me why and I don't have a ready response for that so I just said to myself ."alright, cool". I surprised myself today because I didn't know I could speak without hesitating. All in all, just a good day.

Tomorrow my other sister and brother are coming here and everyone is going to breakfast, then the art museum, and then the vetrans museum. I'm kind of on my brother's **** list, I haven't seen him in a while but hopefully I'll be off of it by the end of the day. I'm going to stay at my dad's for a few days and I can not stand driving with my grumpy brother for 3 hours, it's like riding with the grinch or that one grumpy care bear ... something of that nature.

Hot Topic, huh? Cool. I once knew a girl that worked at a Hot Topic. Shopping with parents sucks in the extreme. I'm taking my daughter school shopping sometime this weekend but I don't know if she's old enough to hate shopping with me yet lol

TreeBones

Hot Topic, huh? Cool. I once knew a girl that worked at a Hot Topic. Shopping with parents sucks in the extreme. I'm taking my daughter school shopping sometime this weekend but I don't know if she's old enough to hate shopping with me yet lol

Yeah, I really just go there for the t-shirts, they're the only thing I would wear with writing or pictures or colors even.

For your sake I hope that day never comes. Although it doesn't seem like you would natural parent tendencies to embarrass your child haha.

Yeah, I really just go there for the t-shirts, they're the only thing I would wear with writing or pictures or colors even.

For your sake I hope that day never comes. Although it doesn't seem like you would natural parent tendencies to embarrass your child haha.

I mainly just enjoy embarrassing the wife while shopping. I usually grab a hand full of granny panties and holler "HEY BABY! BABY! YOU WANT MORE OF THESE?" Or I'll feel up the mannequins. She hates it when I get grabby with the victoria's secret mannequins. She'll be standing there showing me clothes and stuff and I'll have my hand on the mannequin's butt or something.

TreeBones

I mainly just enjoy embarrassing the wife while shopping. I usually grab a hand full of granny panties and holler "HEY BABY! BABY! YOU WANT MORE OF THESE?" Or I'll feel up the mannequins. She hates it when I get grabby with the victoria's secret mannequins. She'll be standing there showing me clothes and stuff and I'll have my hand on the mannequin's butt or something.

Oh my goodness!! :lol: !
Yup, your wife's a keeper :perfect:

MikeyC

Sounds like she's very similar to you, which would be a good thing, right? Is there any reason you avoid her? Is it just anxiety or is it her personality somehow?

TreeBones

Sounds like she's very similar to you, which would be a good thing, right? Is there any reason you avoid her? Is it just anxiety or is it her personality somehow?

aww, ahaha, no It's definitely not her, I love her, she has this innocence and kindness that I really admire and don't experience often. Along with the anxiety, I just have a problem getting close to people and having them in my life, so to speak. If she were a stranger it would be easier because I know she is going to leave and that she doesn't want anything to do with me, but she's looking to regain some kind of connection and I hate to admit it but that scares me for some reason, as dumb as it sounds.

TreeBones

First of all the art museum went well, there were some old paintings I liked but they didn't really do anything for me as much. This one artist, Beth Cavener Stichter had a couple pieces there I really liked, they were thought provoking, beautiful, interesting, and while not intended, shocking... Kind of disturbing, but I like that in art, in all kinds of art. I don't really have a filter when it comes to things like art or music.

I just got back from my dad's house and before I went there I was nervous and I literally had a dream that I was skipping school and my dad was looking for me everywhere with this pretty disappointing disposition. Of course he wasn't actually like that when I got there, it was a very nice visit. I still feel like a disappointment but I'm going to try really hard to do something to change that. I felt so bad when they went to the mall (I didn't go because I always run into people I use to know at that mall and I definitely wasn't prepared for that) and he was buying me things when he just gave me money, I really don't deserve any of it. There was a lot of hugging going on between everyone also and I really just wanted to gag ... I don't want to feel that way but I just do, only with family really... I think it's because I'm not use to anyone loving me or showing affection from a young age so now it feels, uck.

When I was at my dad's I had this lingering lazy feeling, lazy pertaining to life in general, of how much I'm not doing.. or how much I'm not living, I don't know. I was up late one of the nights in my old room cleaning it out and I found my h.s.e.d. practice book that I left there. I did on of the writing practice tests just to see what my score would be and I got 6 wrong out of 25!!! I felt so dumb. Writing it supposed to be the easiest subject, or at least for me. This whole time I thought I was still somewhat on the same page with kids in my grade ... I didn't even want to take the other tests after that, hahaha ... I guess it's a good thing I took that test anyway though because it motivated me a bit.

In the town my dad lives in there is a beautiful cemetery with really old tombstones and a few mausoleums here and there, it goes all the way back into a big wooded area. When I was little and bad things were happening at home like my mom getting drunk, fighting, someone trying to hurt me, yelling or any of that crap, I would go there and pretend that I was going on an adventure. I wasn't even hungry, but I would pack some bread in a knapsack just so I could be like the people in the movies, it makes me laugh so hard thinking about it because I must of looked really silly (the knapsack kept falling off the stick too :giggle: ) When I got there it was usually dark but not completely because of all the reflectors on the tombstones, they shined all different kinds of colors and it reminded me of Christmas. I thought it was magical when I was younger, it was peaceful. I looked up at the stars and eventually fell asleep, I ate the bread for breakfast and returned home like "mission complete". (what my mission was, I have no idea. haha. That probably seems like a really creppy thing to convey to anyone but creepy is my happy sometimes. I still go there to this day but it's not so magical anymore now that I actually know someone who's there. I still enjoy myself but it's just a firm reminder that we are all going to die and how much I'm wasting life. I'm not afraid of dying as much as life .. I don't want to die empty knowing my life meant virtually nothing. It's just I don't know which philosophy to take on sometimes, there's this "keep being positive, it will get better" cat poster one and then there's this " Life is just the way it is, nothing is going to change, accept it" one. I'm usually caught between the two. I don't want to fool myself but on the other hand if you don't have hope how could anything get better?. ... I don't know... ..I don't know how this got all deep all the sudden... I type what I think I guess, sorry for this random rant.. I just still can't figure out how knowing the fact that we are going to die can't motivate us to, live. .. or me, at least. I don't know..

I keep rambling on about how I'm not doing anything, so I'm going to try to keep that small amount of motivation and channel it into something productive for my life.
I'm sorry about the rant.. but anyways just some food for thought I guess.

Pain of Salvation - Dryad of the Woods - YouTube