Top Gear (TV Show)

nicknamehere

Any fans? What an awesome show. I must admit though, I'm new to the show but I can't get enough of it! These guys are hilarious and their roadtrip quests always puts a smile on my face. But I will say, I have this odd attraction going on with James May ::eek::

Maya23

One of my all time favorite shows!!!!! I can't get enough of it. They are amazing. seriously I have watched most of the episodes :) What is one of your favorite episodes so far? I can totally give you recommendations if you would like! haha, seeing this thread got me all excited ;)

nicknamehere

Top of my head, the Oslo challenge and where they deliberately wreck eachothers gifts on bikes :) I think it was in Asia?

Felgen

Top Gear is a great show. :) The political incorrectness and dry humour is what really makes it stand out.

AimeeSP

I love top gear so much! :D i never really used to be all that into cars until i started watching it, must admit though ... i watch it more because of there funny friendship with eachother haha! i love how they wind eachother up. ::p: Anyone seen the episode where they hypnotise hammond lmao?

Pink_Paula

I love Top Gear, i'm not so interested in cars lol but i love the bater those guys have, they crack me up every week :cool:

dooby-duck

Top Gear is a really great show. The cars come in secondary but that makes it a lot better. If you watch the really old episodes it used to be a really stuffy test drive show. The best episodes in my opinion were the specials. The first America road trip, the polar special and the one in Vietnam where they bought motorbikes were especially good.

Luke1993

I don't like it at all, but I guess that's because I don't like cars I couldn't tell you anything about them like makes or anything. I did like some of the challenge things they do, like when they had a marathon runner race against a car (in London traffic) and when a car tried to outmanuever a Challenger 2 tank (Which blew the car up, although the driver got out of it first lol) but yeah apart from that I really don't like the show, I think Clarkson is really up his own arse, the other two are alright though. But yes it is very popular worldwide.

I never seem to agree with the general consensus on things it might be me trying to subconciously be controversial and unique lol

Masychefx2

Banned
good show just when i found out a few years back it was completly staged i was very dissapointed and it seems to get more and more obvious each series.

diesel

i like top gear but only for entertainment . im mad into cars so i rather fifth gear for cars . top gear is completely staged , none of the challenges are real and even the test are set up to make certain cars look better . also the presenters know absolutely nothing about cars .

Masychefx2

Banned
masychef what do you mean by that?

its all staged as in when the car happens to roll out the back of a lorry without anyone noticing, or they finish a challenge with one second to spare e.g. the driving a van round nuremberg, or a car rolling down a hill ... it is staged google top gear staged

Maya23

Yeah, even if it is I love the camera work. It think it is fun to watch, and well put together. What I get from the show is some very basic information about interesting cars, however if I find something particularly interesting then I do my own research from there. It is a fun starting point, and great entertainment. Everyone on that show has a unique personality and a great stage presence. :cool:
Haha, I mean what tv show will you find that isn't staged to some extent? The point is we watch for the entertainment factor, the same way some people watch stuff like american idol or whatever those reality shows are no matter how staged. If you really want to know more about those cars just google it, look up ratings, and make your own conclusions :)

I do think the camera work is awesome though!!:rolleyes: