too in love

chibiXphantom

sometimes i think i'm too in love with my bf.
he's all i can think about and he makes me so happy
i just want to give him everything and let him know how much he means to me

but every moment im away from him i just fall into a depression and just break down a lot. i want to be with him all the time. i wont see him for a week or maybe two because of our jobs and i feel extrememly depressed.
its like im addicted to him and cant function right anymore when he's not around.

this cant be normal.. ive never been this way with a guy before >__<
anyone else ever feel like this?

surewhynot

I'll just say it : your boyfriend is a pretty lucky guy to have someone that cares about him so much :)

mismeek

Sounds like youre not in love.. but more dependant on him to make you feel good. In order to be happy I relationship, you have to be happy with yourself ya know. So its probably not good that you feel down when you guys are apart. :/

HappySquidward

I agree with mismeek. It might not be your love for him, but rather your hate of being alone which is making you feel so down.

MikeyC

Sounds like youre not in love.. but more dependant on him to make you feel good. In order to be happy I relationship, you have to be happy with yourself ya know. So its probably not good that you feel down when you guys are apart. :/
I can agree with this. You should be able to function without him being there and it shows you are dependent on him. This can be bad in the long run.

MikeyC

what should i do then? =[
I would suggest getting a hobby or finding something you enjoy doing on your own so that you can be happy and have your mind on something for the periods of time that he's not there.

However, since I'm not a professional, maybe talking to a professional is a good idea, considering you get depressed when he's not there.

chibiXphantom

i do love him though..

and i dont think talking to a professional would be a good thing. they never seem to help at all. idk. too bad i cant just get rid of emotions. thatd be cool

dottie

ah... the fine line between passionate love and psychotic dependency. haha. what mikeyc said.

findingbeauty

Since you said you haven't had this experience with other guys you've dated, I'm sure it's not purely dependency, but love (or at least excitement/infatuation), too. How long have you two been together? It's normal to have a honeymoon stage. Either way, I agree that it's a good idea to be aware of what's going on with you and looking for other things you enjoy that you can put some of your attention on. Don't let this make you feel bad about your relationship! It's awesome that you've found someone that brings you this much joy.

Oh, if you happen to be a teen or in your early 20s, I think these are normal feelings, too. :)

Last edited:
I think this is totally normal for 19. Most people go through this. It'll wear off :) I wouldn't worry about it, just enjoy it.

chibiXphantom

im thinking its not just me missing him.
was with him today and almost had another breakdown. yes i was happy to hang out and see him, but i got thinking about work and stuff and... yeah
im just a wreck

dottie

don't worry, chibi. it's pretty normal to have confusion about attachment at your age... hell, any age.

why do you say you're a wreck? what are you so upset about right now?

chibiXphantom

don't worry, chibi. it's pretty normal to have confusion about attachment at your age... hell, any age.

why do you say you're a wreck? what are you so upset about right now?

my job, lack of direction. i feel stuck. i hate my job and because i dont know what i want to do with my life, the stupid thought comes into my mind that ill forever be stuck at a low paying crappy job for the rest of my life. im also taking a semester or a year off of college and my whole family is mad at me cause of it and judge me for it.
basically i feel like a failure, doomed for life (a stupid idea, but those are the thoughts that constantly come into my mind)

but im done ranting

findingbeauty

Sorry, you're feeling down. I struggle with fear about my future a lot, too. I wish family and people in general were more supportive and encouraging. It really bothers me how judgmental and mean people can be. I hope you'll get some time to yourself to find direction and peace.