Today's Society

mikebird

Banned
Well after WW2, it was a horrifying phase in Europe, with all the mass starvation and poverty that happened... Along with the chaos after the war that got Europe split into an east and west camp...

We do live in times that are far better than ever, people do focus more on their own lives and their personal matters more now but were not making the best of it so far.. Theres alot of distractions: like endless work, drug abuse, increasing corruption and loopholes.. We have the resources to fix alot but unfortunately i see that governments have changed or probably people just woke up to the reality of the world's system...

I was raised by a mum who lived a life of WWII, and I don't expect to meet anyone else with that perspective of hers, as most of these people are dead, as she is. Her base motto of her life, and her suggestion to me was "be nice to someone" - avoiding criticism (which seems to be at my root). I think there's a balance to be struck. The way my parents behaved (the age of grandparents to me) was far too 'loving'. I've never encountered any love in this world (apart from physical). It's an obsolete word, and has no meaning. Today is about competition

Nanita

Everything happens for reasons.
And humanity must to go through different eras, changes, etcetera.
I say enlighten yourself and do what u need to do to, make things better, but keep in mind that humanity goes through stupidity and and destructive lifestyle, because it´s needed.
Complete destruction--chaos--emptiness--cleaning out--returning to something more healthy/mother nature.
Perhaps.

Honda

Check the alpha men Topic I posted...

People nowadays are timid and insecure thats why they get aggressive and offensive towards others as they think they are projecting a kind of power or control which is absurd, immature and stupid..

dyingtolive

what is the solution? im guessing it starts from individual people and your line of work/talent. no matter what u do, theres probably some way to put ur talents to good use in serving humanity, though i guess some more than others.. well i think there are alot of people really working hard at making a change. very passionate and dedicated, but one thing that they all go thru is risk. might need to quit ur job, lower your standards, lose money, living conditions, give up time and stuff u like doing? are u willing to risk these, or u could also just in your own little way do something to help without really going out of your comfort zone like just donate a portion of ur salary to a good cause and volunteer for stuff u believe in

if ur in a position to go do something, go for it! there was a time when i thought i would throw this pseudo-lifestyle away and dive into something that i thought would help humanity more, and take a risk.. but i didn't do it, if i didn't have the problems i do have now, i would want to be of someway helpful to society. i guess it all depends on what stage we are in in our development, if were ready or not to push for something more, and carry around something less. all the best.

Last edited:

Honda

The next generation, us... Will look at life from a whole different scope.. We will believe that life is good as much as its bad and that how it is.. I believe people will grow past all the social norms set upon them. The concept of society must die.. You can look at conservative nations and how their new generations are getting influenced letting go all the strict teachings of the past and looking at things with an open mind... The thing is theres this ''fear'' between people.. If this barrier falls then all will be great...