Tired of the same thing everyday and nothing changing

luiface

Sorry this is like my life for 6 months so its pretty long, I'm a 14 year old male and I'm in 9th grade. If something I said doesn't make sense please tell me and I'll rephrase it. If you want you can skim through it, just read the first and last part please.

I've always been someone who doesn't like to be around a lot of people, especially outside of class. I remember when I was in elementary I wouldn't mind walking around alone or sitting down alone while everyone else was playing. I wore what my parents bought me untill 6th grade when I started wearing clothes that my sister suggested to me because it was the "style" or something then. I felt embarrased to be alone so I would be in the libary pretending to read a book or something. My grades got really bad and I stopped caring about them, I didn't care about anything anymore. Whenever I would talk to someone for a long time I would get some sort of eye strain and my mouth would hurt. In the summer after 8th grade I would never go out unless my parents would force me to. While everyone was outside I would be in my room asleep or on my computer. This is when my mood shifts started, the longest part was most of the summer when I would have anxiety and stress for no reason. Then I would cry and I didn't know what the reason was. Sometimes I sneak out at night by myself and walk around or just lay down on the grass. When high school started I would hate coming home and I got sort of excited to go to school, than after a while when it felt like the same thing everyday, moodshifts got worse. I met a girl and I difficulty talking to her. Heres something I wrote on another forum a while ago (you dont have to read it all):

I met a girl in September, it was about 2 weeks after the beginning of 9th grade. I just saw her talking to some guy and I kept looking at her, I've never felt this way until then. The next day I talked to her and asked her what her name was. I found out she likes to draw, a lot and shes good at it to. She said the characters she draws are mentally cracked (mentally retarded I guess). I didn't have much experience with talking to girls. I sat next to her in class everyday and I was always thinking about what to say next. Sometimes I would sit there the entire class wanting to say something and when I did it was something stupid. I thought maybe she didn't like me. I thought I saw her at lunch once and, turns out it wasn't her. I saw some goth kids and well, I thought one of them was her so I suddenly thought we can never be friends. I asked her where she usually was during lunch and she said outside of class. I was really nervous but I went there the day after. She was there and asked if I wanted to walk around and we did. I didn't know what to say but she talked more so I think it was okay. Suddenly I had a reason to go to school, I really was only happy when I was with her. She was only with me at lunch because her parents made her go to this school, her friends were at a different one. I was with her at lunch everyday for almost 3 weeks. I messaged her almost everyday on Facebook and when she didn't reply I felt terrible, I know its stupid. Than one day all of sudden she was absent, I thought it was because she must have been sick or something. The next day I went to where I usually found her at lunch and I saw her walking to class but with no backpack or anything. I said "You weren't here yesterday?". She said she wastransferringg schools, and I guess i just looked disappointed or something. Anyway I'm getting to the point, the next few weeks I messaged her on facebook, a lot even when didn't reply. I see pictures of her with her friends and I feel so stupid, why would she want to be my friend if she has her own. I'm not very social, I don't make many friends. She has very close friends and friends she can trust. When will I let go of this. She gave me her number on facebook, when i asked for it. She still gave me a chance even after me being such a creep. She told me to text her, so I did. I'm afraid to ask her if I could call her because I don't want to get in her way of being with her friends or something.

Heres something else I wrote on halloween (again you don't have to read the whole thing):

It's really been a pain thinking that while everyone else is having problems with friends and relationships, I'm having problems with the thought of not having friends. I have "friends" I'm with at lunch, but I don't really talk to them anymore. We don't have the same interests and I'm just with them so I won't be alone. Today is halloween, and just like last year I'm going to stay home. I want to change, I want to go out with friends. I want to have a social life and not the same **** every ******* day its driving my crazy for ***** sake. I feel like taking a hammer and smashing the walls. I'm sitting in class and I have trouble concentrating. On some days I just have my head down and not talk to anyone or do my work. This is affecting my grades, I'm passing all my classes but with 5 Cs and an A. I just can't find a purpose to do stuff anymore. Is it to late for me or what? I feel like moving far away and not coming back, I've thought about running away but it seems impossible.

Yeah, I was in a different mood when I wrote both of those so I kind of change my opinion about things depending on my mood.

Sorry this is so long

Anyway my point is, recently I've been feeling like I hate myself and theres no point in meeting people because they would not be interested in me and who I am, I wish I was like that girl and I was more social and happy about things. I wish I had different interests and a different personality. I don't tend to hate my physical features because I don't see a point in it. Everyday is the same thing I want something new like moving to a new city and going to a different school where no one knew me untill then. I feel lonely even though I avoid being with others. I'm tired of seeing my family and my supposed "friends".

Nathália

You're not a creep, there are people that will genuinely like you and wants to get to know you for who you are. Even if you're not talkative, you're a person in this world who has the ability draw people, maybe not who want. You may not be a socialite, there are still people who don't care that much. Many of my best friends had more friends than me, but I still had a connection with these people. I know what you're saying. You're in 9th grade and school can be a personality competition, but because you can't fit in that does not mean you have qualities that can't draw people. Being shy can be hard too, because there can be so many negative thoughts, yes school can be a cycle of never ending hell. Have you tried any fun electives this year? Just to get something more out of school life. I wish you the best.

hardy

Dear,

Moving to a new city helps for a bit and again the same story after a while. At least in my experience that is what happened.

A boy asked a girl to marry him and she said 'No'. And they lived happily ever after. hehe

Jokes aside,
I don't know much about girls...but here is a point of view. When she was in your school she needed a friend and you were there for her. The meaning of friendship is so shallow these days.It's like use and throw mostly. I was always attracted to more beautiful, or more charming girls than the one's in my class.

It's human tendency to look for greener pastures(more happiness) rather than being trustworthy to a mate. Hence so many divorces.

Regarding your improvement in social situations....i can only advise, but you need to follow them to get results. I was a social wreck but have made decent improvements. All because of association with wise people and my meditation. You need to know some basic rules to be social.

Most important being:
1.People are selfish...they don't give unless you give them something(except a few wise people of course). If you can't listen to them without judging, then say good bye to the relationships. Also, when time comes you also open up. We want them to listen to our crap all the time...won't work.

This isn't an easy skill to learn. Start with your family. Help your mom in her work, your dad or siblings and they will start making contact with you. A bond forms...this is very important to begin with. start helping others in whatever way you can...but remember you help others for yourself.
People will develop a bond with you when you help them without expecting too much. This way you start making friendships.

sorry for the bad writing...i am thinking too much about other things...please ask me anything. I want to help others for selfish reasons.

neohorizon

omg! my school life was like yours, but i much better now (21 yo)! College is totally different (for better)... so stay strong and keep going man!

if you want to socialize i think you should start with the guys you lunch with and your classmates, do things with them and strengthen ties.
You have a fb profile this is good, you can meet new people and chat online (can turn into a friendship). Once you have one friend or another you feel more confident to go out, like to a shopping mall, a bar, to the movies... (public places)
idk how is your Social Anxiety and if you have enough money, but if you are getting bored and argue about not having friends, i think you should try to do more activities like sports, language schools, music schools or even going to the church, places you can meet people! IT CAN BE FREAKING HARD at the first time, but after 2 weeks or 1 month you'll feel SO MUCH BETTER and you will feel with a better self esteem (if you dont screw the things, but if you do, its experience for the future).

There is no growth without suffering! Take more risks and OPEN YOURSELF more (like you did with this girl), you are so young, its better to face the things now than after, running away from the problems dont make them disappear, only delays them!

My parents were always making the things harder for me too! (Still doing, but less).
What i did that helped me a lot, was make the **** hit the fan! I said all my problems to them, but i began slowly, arguing about my anxiety and the difficult to find a job, they began to worry about me, but not enough... So i said about the SA and how i was feeling bad and depressed! They help me find a psychologist and gave me courage to find a job (a **** one), i make few money and work as a slave. They had high expectations on me (they lost more than 15k dollars with my school)
But my father said something that i never thought he would say, he said that everybody has their problems, some people can find jobs or date easier them us... I just have to keep going, no stress, life is to short to worries!

If you can, look for professional help, it helps a lot!

About the girl thing, plz read my post here:
http://www.socialphobiaworld.com/love-and-dating-please-inspire-me-41787/page-3/

most of girls are weird, some days they talk to us than the next they dont even look at our faces... some of them were born to make we suffer lol you'll meet many girls like that through your life!

Good luck

Last edited:

madmike

You're still young and you seem bright, so I think it's worth remembering that whatever you're going through now isn't necessarily permanent. There's still a LOT of room for change.

I haven't got much in the way of advice because I can actually identify with a lot of the things you're saying (and I'm 23) but I think at your age you have a high expectation from adults/parents to know what's best for you (they are after all much older and more experienced, right?), and they in turn expect you to listen to them and obey. But the truth is they probably have no idea what you're going through and what your own priorities are. Only you know that. So trust your own instincts a little more and don't be afraid of following them, because they're just as valid as anyone else's. School is important in the world we live in, but if you have no enthusiasm for it and don't consider it important, you're probably wasting your time and energy. Find something you do care about, something that will help you develop as a person, and maybe your enthusiasm for everything else will also come back. Maybe a sports club that you go to once a week, or a job doing some volunteer work. Something that you think you might enjoy, and which will really challenge YOU personally. Even if others are against it. And take things one step at a time so you don't get overwhelmed. Moving to a new city probably seems appealing right now, but at your age it would probably be too much of a challenge... I remember when I was 17/18 all I wanted to do was go to Egypt (I envisioned it as a place where I could escape the madness of the western world), but looking back I think all I needed was to sit back, clear my head and not allow the world to put too much pressure/overwhelm me.

I'm sure you'll be alright anyway :)