Tired of people like my brother getting all the pity

This will be long as a book, sorry, but I need to RANT.

I'm so sick of people like my brother. He is a complete prick to everyone 80% of the time, he is controlling, and he is so entitled to everything. It's like he is the sun, and we're all tiny planets revolving around him. It's the little, silly things that really make me notice this, but tiny moments are so telling. Like the other day he and his girlfriend walk in the living room to eat and watch a movie. There are only 3 tray tables and my dad and I are each using one already so he's like "okay, one of you all are going to have to give up your table" so he and his gf can each have one. Naturally, one of us is supposed to eat on our laps I guess.

He has stolen from everyone in my family and pawned my mom's wedding ring 3 times (because he had an addiction problem, like that totally excuses it), owes my mom and dad THOUSANDS of dollars that he has conveniently seem to have forgotten about and has no intention of paying it back. He lies about everything and manipulates to get his way and is so ****ing condescending and a know-it-all.

Somehow he has a fiance and they're talking about a big wedding and a honeymoon in Hawaii, when NIETHER of them has a job and when he owes my struggling parents money. And he goes out and charges a couple of thousands of dollars for a nice wedding ring!! He doesn't even look for a job. They stay at our house half the time, rent free, and her house the other half of the time. My parents cook for them. They won't clean, do they're own dishes, and I end up washing and folding loads of their laundry with no thanks whatsoever. If I beg him to do their dishes, he tells me to "chill the **** out" or rants like a ten year old before throwing them angrily in the washer. HE IS 25 YRS OLD!!

Still, someone like him has a gf and tons of friends and a life, while people like me sit here, racked with anxiety with no friends or life to speak of. And to top it off, somehow he ALWAYS ends up being the victim or being pitied. I'm miserable everyday, but no one even seems to notice or care. When I expressed my disgust for the fact that they're coming here for the night, my mom goes, "Well, it must be hard for him because nobody acts like they want him here and your dad's always on him for everything. it must hurt his feelings" Are you ****ing kidding me?!?!?

how do *******s like this always seem to own the world, have friends, relationships??

Ignace

I EXACTELY know what you mean. I had a steph-brother a few years back for a period of 7 years. He was always the great one, the one with the same character as your brother. Something wrong ? Ignace what did you do ?! .. Nvm, skipping this part you know how it is. So if I read your post, your parents have difficulties with finances ? Such people trying to profite of his own family and make fun of them should be taken care of. There is only one way to let him pay his debts, and that's throwing him out. Atleast he could pay rent or help in the house. This still could be of lazyness but than talking to your family like that ? No way.:mad: Put him for the choice:
1)Getting nicer
2)Pay back his debts
3)Pay rent
4)Help in the house
Best would be if he would do all of them, but I don't see that happening.

I've bitched to my parents so many times and have been a complete witch to him in order to get my point across, but nothing works. he doesn't get the point. They're fed up to, but my mom is the type that could never kick him out.

ripewithdecay

Wow, that sounds like my older brother to the T. I can't even stand his presence anymore, and refuse to talk to him until he regards me with respect as a man should.

I would steer clear of him, honestly. There really is nothing else that you can do.
Admit that you're hurt, and accept the fact that you just don't get along. It will be better for everyone in the long run when youre able to totally keep this person out of your life until he gets his **** together and does some growing up.

It might seem like he's living the life compared to you, but in reality, at 25 hes still pretty young and being an ******* and playing the victim is going to catch up to him sooner or later.

agoraphobickatie

i feel for you, this would drive me absolutely insane... my sister is very similar. she's on drugs and has pawned all kinds of crap and she's just crazy! haha.. she doesn't really get sympathy anymore because she's screwed up and lied so much that my family just sits back and lets her fukk up because it's easier than trying to help her. luckily, i don't have to live with her. we already have a bad relationship because i'm the only one in my family who tells her how much she sucks at life, haha.... the way i see it, everyone else sees her as a lost cause and takes the easy way out by acting like nothings wrong... you're the much better person because you see his faults and don't like putting up with it. you'll be the better person for your struggles and he'll just be a retard his whole life because everything's been handed to him.. keep that in mind, know that you're better for it and learn from all of his mistakes, that's what i do :) ha... maybe your parents are just tired of trying to fix him so they just say 'fukk it'! he's probably one of those guys who has all kinds of friends but they all talk crap about him behind his back. and his marriage will probably end in divorce anyway.. one day he'll have it rough, don't worry :) lol

cobalt_bluester

I really feel for you in this obviously difficult and stressful situation. Your brother, and I'm sorry to say this, sounds like a selfish, thoughtless and inconsiderate jerk. If I were you I would take a stand and not go out of your way to do anything for him as he obviously doesn't appreciate anything you do for him. I think you have to say to yourself that enough is enough, and that you are simply not willing to take any more of his crap. Good luck with it all.