Tips

cocorose

I thought maybe some of you who have had success with dealing with SA had any tips that have worked for you.

For me, I think simply just being aware. Being aware of yourself, of your surroundings, of how you're feeling. I realized that I was so worried about how I was feeling, I wasn't paying attention to anything. So just be aware of what's going on around you... also, be aware of your posture. I just did this today, I realized my shoulder's were tight and hunched over, so I straightened myself up.

"Self-awareness is a key to self-mastery.” ~Gretchen Rubin

Also, a big thing is just to b r e a t h. I also realized that sometimes I'm not even breathing because I'm so anxious. Just take a deep breath. It will be ok...

For me, I think simply just being aware. Being aware of yourself, of your surroundings, of how you're feeling. I realized that I was so worried about how I was feeling, I wasn't paying attention to anything. So just be aware of what's going on around you... also, be aware of your posture. I just did this today, I realized my shoulder's were tight and hunched over, so I straightened myself up..

I like this :thumbup:

lonelee1

Also, a big thing is just to b r e a t h. I also realized that sometimes I'm not even breathing because I'm so anxious. Just take a deep breath. It will be ok...

i just noticed this the other day too, about the breathing and being stiff. i tried breathing through my anxious thoughts. makes a BIG difference-thanks for the reminder.

:)

Lamb

If I catch myself on the verge of having a panic attack, I take a deep breath and then squeeze every part of my body as tightly as I can. I exhale slowly once I can no longer hold my breath.

Learned this technique from a youtube video, if I find it i'll post it. Breathing alone never really helped me, but tensing up for a minute does.

Remus

Staff member
I learnt to keep pushing.

CBT helped me gain the "right" thinking, I had to apply that every second of every minute of everyday. CBT is not enough, you need to learn how to apply it and how to maintain it. You need to maintain it until the day you die.

Keep pushing!

Remus

Staff member
I also found meditation helped with both SA and OCD. This also teaches breathing techniques which are invaluable.