Time travel

philly2bits

Which would you rather do if you had a time machine. 1) Go to the past to fix an event that has already happened or 2) Go to the future, read about events that have yet to happen, then come back to the present and try to stop those events from happening?

mmmm

I would go back and talk to my little self before i became all wierd and stuff. I'd train her up properly when she was still young so i wouldnt have such a problem training me up now

Remus

Staff member
buy a time machine:

241.jpg

Last edited:

Ashiene

i would go far into the future, a few thousand years maybe, and i would most probably enter an earth torn by war and technology abuse, much like the future earth that HR Giger has envisioned, where people have fused with machines to survive, and horribly mutated and deformed babies piled atop each other...

it is a very real possibility.

hrgigerhommagetosbrecke.jpg

076fil.jpg

mmmm

You're hopeful. you think earth will still be there? you'll probably end up floating around in space with a few cockroach carcasses

Felgen

I'd find out the lottery numbers for next week. Apart from that, I'd try not to fuck up the timeline significantly.

nephatitus

I would go back and talk to my little self before i became all wierd and stuff. I'd train her up properly when she was still young so i wouldnt have such a problem training me up now

thats what i would so do!!!

I would time travel back into the past with a Bible, maybe handing out the Old Testament and documenting it with a video camera. Then time travel back to the future and show the world that it was a paradox. It would be a mind job lol

Thelema

i would go far into the future, a few thousand years maybe, and i would most probably enter an earth torn by war and technology abuse, much like the future earth that HR Giger has envisioned, where people have fused with machines to survive, and horribly mutated and deformed babies piled atop each other...

it is a very real possibility.

hrgigerhommagetosbrecke.jpg

076fil.jpg

I think our merging with technology will be a huge plus...kinda like artificial evolution. Instead of a few million years to maybe grow smarter, we may get brain enhancers in 20 or 30 years.

I'd kill Hitler

Why not bring Hitler to the future for trial? It would explain the lack of evidence that he died by his own hand. It doesn’t change world history because it was always a gray area. Nobody really knows what happened to Hitler. Therefore, we cheat. He was kidnapped to the future. :)

Last edited:

Thelema

Why not bring Hitler to the future for trial? It would explain the lack of evidence that he died by his own hand. It doesn’t change world history because it was always a gray area. Nobody really knows what happened to Hitler. Therefore, we cheat. He was kidnapped to the future. :)

I'd rather just shoot the guy before he started any trouble

Last edited:

Thelema

Why not go back and prevent the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand? That could stop WWI from happening which would probably prevent WWII and the holocaust from ever taking place.

How far do we go back? I think we'd have to try and stay as recent as possible while saving as many lives as possible. Further back the further the time line would be changed in unknown ways. We might spark something worse by changing things.

philly2bits

How far do we go back? I think we'd have to try and stay as recent as possible while saving as many lives as possible. Further back the further the time line would be changed in unknown ways. We might spark something worse by changing things.

You're probably right. However, it does depend on what movie we are getting the time travel rules from.

1.Back to the future- Seems too easy to create a huge mess.
2.Terminator-One way trip. Plus, I don't even know if you can change the past. Also, you have to be naked to use it.
3.Bill and Ted's excellent adventure-Kidnapping important people from the past seems to have no effect on the present
4.Timecop-who cares, that movie sucked

Thelema

You're probably right. However, it does depend on what movie we are getting the time travel rules from.

1.Back to the future- Seems too easy to create a huge mess.
2.Terminator-One way trip. Plus, I don't even know if you can change the past. Also, you have to be naked to use it.
3.Bill and Ted's excellent adventure-Kidnapping important people from the past seems to have no effect on the present
4.Timecop-who cares, that movie sucked

I imagine it would require a huge amount of energy, so a one way trip...but that's an interesting concept, since theoretically, a time machine from the future, that could travel back, could be sent to the past.

If time travel exists, then our advanced society must have weighed the options of erasing things like Hitler, but they haven't. Either the Holocaust had to happen, or time travel is impossible, or the future hasn't happened yet.

Polar_Bear

I'd go back in time and tell the only girl i've ever loved how i felt.

Also, i find it interesting that most of us would go back in time to attempt to change either ourselves or the world for the better.

Just remember for those people wanting to kill hitler, without WWII we never would have had a large number of the technological advances that we had.

Think about the consequences of that.