This place?

What is it that you hope or hoped to get from being here in SPW?
What have you found here?
Is it what you wished for?
Have there been surprises, treasures discovered?

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
I just like knowing I’m not alone with this problem. I don’t really come here seeking anything more than a reminder of that. I don’t want to make close friendships or even directly communicate with anyone. I just want to haunt the place for short periods of time, maybe leave a couple of messages on old friend’s profiles, and then go off on my way again.

Section_31

coming to a place where other people have the same problem, and others.

Because of the issues we face, a majority of the outside world rejects us, and for that, i reject them.

Here, there is solace.

Section_31

:( very true Brook. The only thing i look at is at least theres SOMTHING....i cant image what things would be like and how alone we would all feel if this place didnt exist.

Dr. Doom

At first I just wanted to see some other people I could relate to, and it's still that but most of all I come here because some people will listen to me. I can come here and vent, or I go to the chatbox a lot now to talk. It's been helpful for me. I might be stuburn-don't think thats spelled right-but 99% of the advice I get really does sink in. I'm still pretty new here, but i've gotten a lot of help whether it was from just chatting some body or reading a persons story or posting a long, sloppy thread about what I am feeling.

So, I don't think I'll be going any time soon.

Phoenixx

I also like knowing that there's other people with this problem, so it doesn't make me feel so alone. I feel like I can be myself here without having to totally worrying about judgment or anything like that. I like it here and reading some of the advice posted on other threads has helped me a bit (Reason why I say "a bit" is because I really do need to try harder :p ).

miss_amy

I came here trying to understand my own head. I googled extreme shyness or something like that and found there was actually a name for what I have. Ive been officially diagnosed since then.

What I found here are some amazing people (and a few not so amazing people who I could have done without) . Some will be life long buddies Im sure.
I've had some laughter, some tears, some adventures, some very nice meet up with people and I hope to have a few more.

SilentStranger

First of all places like this remind me I am not alone, that others like me are there. I also want to feel I belong somewhere. I want to be friends with people both online and in RL who understand SP and I can feel comfortable with and won't judge me.

Unfortunately sometimes I feel like I don't belong here too. Although chat to one or two members in here once in a while, I have only met one person & that person was only ever passing through this place.

ありがとう

a) I came here to meet and help people... Although I don't necessarily help people, I just talk to them and share my past experience to show there's hope... And that they don't feel alone.
b) I found lots of nice friendly people. ^^
c) Yes
d) Hmmm not sure? I made some cool friends and maybe 1 day I'll meet them all :D

This place is the place I come to to get new- and confirm ideas. I also come here to unload and have fun.

For the most part I find it interesting to hear new point of views from people that are going through the same thing I do. It allows me to analyze their thought process and change my own accordingly.

The above has given me the necessary confidence and feedback I needed to try new (extremely important) things. It was still very hard and scary, mind you, but it became doable somehow.

And of course, after a bad day you've always got somewhere to go to, where before the only thing I could do was try and reach out to people on other sites. Which pretty much always resulted in them completely ignoring me.

What I got from this site is;
* Confidence.
* (More accurate) knowledge.
* Motivation.
* Some really awesome friends.
* A last resort for bad times.

JamesSmith

The main reason I'm here is just to have something to do. I don't have a job and haven't hung out with friends for 5 years, so practically all my time is free time. Another reason i like coming on here is because I can relate with others on here and am interested in reading what others think about our disorder.